Agronomist/Agricultural Engineer – International Relief and Development
• Report to Senior Agronomist and assist the Project Coordinator and Food security and Livelihood Consultant on the day to day activities.
• Support value chain assessment by supervising the food security and livelihood volunteers inside Syria. He/she will work with the consultant on developing assessment tools for collecting data needed to map value chains, will support the consultant in mapping of stakeholders for data collection, will review collected data once received from field and identify gaps in data, and will provide technical assistance for staff inside Syria on the value chain assessment.
• Will work on identifying community-based food security projects, will develop a design sheet for each project, will coordinate on a daily basis with the technical team inside Syria, and will ensure the timely implementation of food security projects.
• Facilitate access of agricultural producers to new markets and accelerate the adoption of innovation and appropriate technologies to meet market requirements.
• Work with team members on preparation and evaluation of new tenders including preparation of tenders, BoQs and specifications.
• Perform extensive research and development.
• Ensuring that all agricultural activities are managed according to IRD and client specifications and project schedules and deadlines are met.
• Providing technical direction, training and guidance to field staff including oversights all agricultural activities. Trouble-shoot field issues as they arise and provide timely, cost-effective solutions.
• Verifying all subcontractor invoices against actual field conditions/progress and proposing variation orders/claims/adjustments as required.
• Responsible for the successful execution of all agricultural activities while meeting QA/QC, safety, and environmental compliance standards.
• Overseeing installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that agricultural works are according to specifications.
• Specifying functional requirements during development phase
• Developing ways to conserve soil and water
• Improving the processing and storage of agricultural products.
• Designing product to increase the production of farm products.
• Designing food processing plants and related mechanical systems
• Performing other duties as assigned.
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Agronomist/Agricultural Engineer – International Relief and Development بكل سهولة الان مجانا.