To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, a technical service to ASTAD in all areas of architecture, fit outs and FF&E works, during definition and execution stages. Ensure that all designs are in compliance with the latest local / International codes / standards, national / International / company requirements and procedures.
Liaise with other discipline engineers and project teams, in order to assist Senior Architectural Engineer in attaining cost effective and fit for purpose design solutions and / or scopes of work, to fit corporate requirements. Contribute toward updating discipline engineering codes, standards, specifications and philosophies.
– Carryout the duties and responsibilities for assisting Senior Architectural Engineer in all areas of work covered by the Architectural discipline for building and infrastructure projects. A proven ability to identify and formulate practical solutions to the spectrum of architectural issues is essential.
– Demonstrate a practical knowledge of building related disciplines, as well as the ability to coordinate them as required. Familiar with major state of the art and internationally recognized building / construction technologies and materials. Ability to prepare or collaborate in preparation of designs and to assist in their development up to tender / construction stage, if necessary.
– Collaborate with Senior Architectural Engineer in providing Projects with technical content of project development and execution plans including defining design and construction criteria and procurement strategies for critical items. Assist end-user and project engineer to expand and develop the space / building program, within budget constraints.
– Coordinate for FF&E / Signage tender packages including assistance in development of performance-base specifications that comply with all relevant sourcing policies and the completion of the technical evaluation of bids. Work with Materials Department to ensure timely execution of FF&E / Signage tender package and FF&E Signage supply and installation.
– Provide specific experience in the review of design and specification of various ranges of interior features, system and custom furniture, fixtures, finishes, color selection and lighting effects for various projects including space planning, circulation, fit outs material and furniture.
– Prepare, in conjunction with Senior Architectural Engineer, the basis for design, select essential standards for use, identify design throughput, policy, specifications, technical risks, facility safeguarding, safety, health and infrastructure requirements. Prepare designs in consultation with other discipline engineers, as appropriate.
– Visit work sites to establish existing conditions. Supports Senior Architectural Engineer with review, applicability of existing drawings, standards / specifications and recommends appropriate changes. Contribute to the development of cost estimates and planning schedule.
– Participate and collaborate in preparing and / or reviewing of conceptual design, schematic design development, all stages of design and detailed design for Buildings / facilities and infrastructure work, based on the approved scope of work.
– Conjoin with Senior Architectural Engineer to develop scope of work (SOW), schedule of areas, specifications and design criteria for Building / facilities and infrastructure projects, for his functional area of work, to be included in tenders for engineering consultancy and/ or construction.
– Assist in the review of technical aspects of bids from Consultant / Contractors. Support projects in identifying and assessing capability resources and technical strengths of Consultant / Contractors and vendors.
– Review and endorse approval of design, specifications and drawings, submitted by Contractors and / or Consultants.
– Provide technical support to projects on design related matters during construction, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning stages of projects, which often involves site visits. Review material, mock-up, shop drawing and submittal referred from projects.
– Contribute to the updating of discipline engineering standards, specifications and corporate philosophies.
– Participate in the training and development of Qatari engineers in line with his professional and educational background.
– Keep abreast of current technology and state-of-the-art equipment and activities, by reading various trade journals/ publications, by meeting vendor representatives. Keep abreast of current regulations of local and national authorities.
– Take part in technology development reviews to disseminate latest relevant technologies and technical reviews, at key stages of project execution and of project definition, if necessary.
– Deputize for Senior Architectural Engineer and Lead Architectural Engineer, when required.
– Identify, to senior engineers, lead engineers and discipline engineers, the time / resource requirements for all current and planned design projects assigned to him and update this information as necessary.
– Prepare and present technical papers to line/ senior management from time to time to promote designs and / or strategies.
– Verify the adequacy of designs produced by others, to ensure fitness for purpose and technical quality, in terms of providing safe / environmentally acceptable facilities, in compliance with the codes, standards, principles, practices and specifications. Verify that the building or facilities, being designed, are of adequate dimensions to house all the equipment to be installed therein.
– Support, Senior Architectural Engineer, for inspection of contractor, consulting engineers and vendor premises and witness factory/ site acceptance tests, as required.
– Participate as a member of the Health, Safety & Environment review team.
– Proactively and continuously engage in personal professional development on topics related to sustainability, standard ASHRAE 189 and ASHRAE 90.1 and the LEED sustainability rating system.
– Experience in both design and construction works, prepare scope of works and specifications writing, with proven knowledge in reviewing and recommending a large range of building materials, is essential.
– Must be fully experienced in developing and controlling large building projects through all stages from conceptual design to commissioning and completion.
– Ability to spend about 30% of working hours on site visits (with resultant exposure to local ambient conditions) to projects located throughout Qatar.
– Ability to make site visits (vendor workshops and field), often extending over several days, and travel abroad as and when required in connection with the job.
التقدم للوظيفة الان