Education Project Officer – Lutheran World Federation
The Lutheran World Federation, in response to the Syrian refugee crisis, established operations in Jordan in 2012. The Lutheran World Federation is assisting refugees and vulnerable groups in Amman, Zarqa, Irbid, Mafraq and Za’atari camp. The Lutheran World Federation is running projects related to Education, WASH, Livelihoods, Protection, Rehabilitation and Humanitarian Assistance.
Scope of Work:
The Education Officer will be responsible for implementation of the soft component of the education project in line with approved project document(s). He/She will support the Education Project Manager in ensuring quality and timely implementation of activities as per the project implementation plan(s).
The EPO will further support the EPM in development of project documents and in promoting close collaboration with other stakeholders at appropriate coordination form. In addition, the EPO will ensure adherence and promotion of LWF and donor policies, including child safeguarding guidelines. He/She will supervise Education Senior Assistants and provide necessary leadership and support, with links and collaboration to LWF’s Protection Unit as may be necessary or required.
Strategy and Planning
• Identify and monitor issues related to education sector, and inform the EPM accordingly.
• Analyze trends in education and provide clear recommendations for interventions.
Project Cycle Management
• Participating with Edu. PM in planning and execution of project activities according to the education project proposal and overall implementation framework.
• Ensure smooth implementation, and manage the field team’s performance of project tasks and activities that may include, but are not limited to: Conduct training sessions, Implement initiatives, Support field staff in running activities with students.
• Be responsible for the timely implementation and reporting of education project’s activities ensuring quality delivery as per implementation plan. .
• Conduct regular site visits, documenting the project progress and reporting weekly basis to Edu. PM.
• Provide effective, innovative and strategic leadership to the Education Assistants.
• In collaboration with the EPM, He/she is responsible for developing training materials and ensuring successful deliver of the trainings to the targeted beneficiaries.
• In collaboration with the MoE and school authorities, provide ongoing supportive supervision to teachers on areas of capacity enhancement.
• Work with school authorities to ensure Hygiene promotion and awareness conducted in targeted schools using appropriate techniques and materials.
• Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports.
• Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized.
• Review, study and analyze all the training documents for MoE teachers and bring any inconsistencies to the notice of the EPM.
• Closely monitor all conducting training sessions that are in progress and prepare weekly status reports and document any specific actions taken to ensure that the work progresses in full compliance with signed MoU and PMF.
• Actively participate in the technical assessment of schools / teachers and ensure transparency in selection as per the criteria established by LWF.
Program Coordination & Networking
• Coordinate with other technical departments to ensure a common approach, synergy and sharing of information
• Coordinate with engineers to assess the schools and select the most in need schools.
• Represent LWF externally and collaborate/coordinate with local NGO’s and CBO’s.
• Represent LWF-Jordan in sub-sector working groups of the UN humanitarian coordination system as appropriate.
• Prepare procurment plan for all necessary items of the training sessions.
• Coordinate with logistic team for all logistical needs and requirements including transportation.
• Based on project implementation plan and other agreed needs, raise the necessary PR’s on time as per procurement guidelines.
• Guide and supervise the Education Assistants or other staff assigned to you for the completion of learning process.
Staff Development and Management
• Assess capacity requirements of staffs assigned under him/her and propose measures to address identified capacity gaps.
• Carry out any other duties as requested by the Education Project Mnaager and LWF Programs Manager.
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Education Project Officer – Lutheran World Federation بكل سهولة الان مجانا.