Reports to: Director, Health Insurance Department
The Head of Health Insurance Registration is one of the key senior management positions in the new National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in the Health Insurance Department (HID). The Head will work directly with other Heads of Sections, and will advise and report directly to the Director of the HID, who oversees the NHIS.
The Head of Health Insurance Registration will occupy a senior role with significant regulatory responsibilities, and will have to lead a team in making evidence-based and rules-driven decisions, while also exercising judgment based on prior experience and insight into both health regulation in general, and the health system in the state of Qatar. The Head will be expected to fulfill these duties with passion, commitment and professionalism.
The core task of the Head of Health Insurance Registration will be to lead the Health Insurance Registration Team of the NHIS, which has a focused portfolio of responsibilities, all related to the goal of ensuring that the bodies operating within the NHIS are stable, well-governed and submit to regulation. This will involve directing and overseeing the work of the team, which is responsible for:
• Engaging with bodies who operate within or wish to operate within the NHIS (including Private Health Insurers (PHI), Third Party Administrators (TPA) Healthcare Providers, Broker and Intermediaries);
• Providing information about the regulatory regime of the NHIS to bodies who operate within or wish to operate within the NHIS, and providing clarifying responses to any questions that they have;
• Gathering information on bodies who wish to operate within the NHIS from the bodies themselves, other parts of the NHIS and the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), and potentially from other regulators within the MOPH and externally;
• Assessing the eligibility of bodies to operate within the NHIS, by validating and reviewing information about the body, and making determinations as to whether bodies are fit and proper to operate within the NHIS;
• Ensuring that bodies who are eligible to operate within the NHIS receive the appropriate regulatory documentation, such as Terms of Participation for healthcare providers, that explains their responsibilities but also allows the body to demonstrate their regulated status;
• Organizing and storing relevant information about enrolled bodies, to support broader regulatory activity; and
• Supporting broader regulatory activities (e.g. by supporting the enforcement function of the regulator if a body must lose its eligibility to operate within the NHIS).
On an ongoing basis the Head of Health Insurance Registration will also be responsible for planning and implementing any changes to the registration process of the NHIS required by Law, Regulations, Ministerial Decision or policy priority.
The Head of Health Insurance Registration will also be expected to sit on expert panels when required, attend and present at public events, engage with colleagues from across the MOPH, and undertake strategic projects in partnership with other department heads within the HID.
The Head of Health Insurance Registration will also have significant team administration responsibilities. These responsibilities will include but not be limited to preparing the proposed budget, performance managing and training team members, developing, recording and assessing team performance using KPIs and other performance measures, and developing team strategic plans and submissions into the NHIS annual plan.
Nature and Scope of Position:
1. To operationally manage the Health Insurance Registration Team by directing day-to-day activities, setting and prioritizing the tasks to be completed by team members, overseeing task completion, providing review of work completed, and certifying that completed work is of a sufficient standard to be issued;
2. To oversee the creation and dissemination of relevant, user-friendly briefing material on the NHIS to bodies who operate within or wish to operate within the NHIS;
3. To oversee the processing and approval of applicant providers seeking to participate in the NHIS;
4. To recommend to the Director of the HID whether a body should be allowed to participate within the NHIS;
5. To design and implement changes to the Registration process as determined by changes to Law, Regulations, Ministerial Decision or policy priority;
6. To oversee the collection, organisation and storage of relevant and appropriate items of information on regulated bodies, in according with the data management standards of the MOPH and other institutions in the State of Qatar;
7. To prepare and present reports for the HID Director;
8. To contribute and take an active part in expert panels when requested;
9. To develop and submit strategic plans for consideration by the strategy department;
10. To work closely with other members of the senior management team to ensure a consistent approach to regulation;
11. To form and maintain relationships with regulated bodies or prospective regulated bodies, and to be a representative of the NHIS at public events, conferences and seminars; and
12. To form and maintain relationships with senior members of other regulatory agencies across the NHIS.
1. Demonstrates extraordinary customer service by fulfilling all customer requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality;
2. Complies with all the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the policies of the Supreme Council of Health and points out non-compliance by others;
3. Maintains regular attendance, punctuality and dedication to position; consistently arrives to work and departs from work as scheduled;
4. Deals with non-negotiable integrity in all matters at the workplace and outside of work
5. Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both outside normal working hours and during official holidays, if required by the organization;
6. Accepts, within reasonable boundaries, working with males or females of divergent nationality within or outside the department; and
7. Demonstrates respect for colleagues and works as a team player enabling the flow of communication, refrains from grapevine, gossip and ill-will for colleagues.
التقدم للوظيفة الان