Provides ASG-KU Housing furnishings with operator support for Heavy Duty Vehicles to transport furnishing property, materials, merchandise, and passengers from the Warehouse or Motor pool storage to ASG-KU billets throughout ASG-KU Camp(s) in Kuwait, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads. Assists with the Furnishing office/Warehouse day-to-day support activities under the direction of the Furnishings Warehouse Lead or Furnishings Supervisor, and the Housing Manager. Assists with furnishings hand-receipt transactions, movement of furniture for delivery and pick up appointments, 10% cyclic and 100% semi-annual inventories, DLA Turn-in and landfill disposal of unserviceable items.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Assists with furnishings hand-receipt transactions, movement of furniture for delivery and pick up appointments, 10% cyclic and 100% semi-annual inventories, DLA Turn-in and landfill disposal of unserviceable items.
2. Operates 3-ton Cargo Trucks to transport furnishings to/from warehouse and billets areas; and to On-post Housing facilities as required.
3. Loads and unloads equipment and materials by hand or with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, carts, or forklift.
4. Positions blocks and tie ropes around items to secure cargo during transit.
5. Transports section personnel from one work location to another.
6. Loads and unloads equipment and materials by hand or with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, carts, or forklift. Positions blocks and tie ropes around items to secure cargo during transit.
7. Maintains proper key control IAW SOP and current regulations.
8. Assists in 10% cyclic inventories; records/verifies serial numbers, model & quantity of given items. Assists in storage warehouse operations; maintains & updates stock rotation system.
9. Develops an effective plan for the layout, security, and safekeeping of materials and equipment during loading, delivering, unloading.
10. Maintains a vehicle log in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
11. Follows appropriate safety procedures when transporting dangerous goods.
12. Inspects vehicles before operation to ensure equipment is in good working order.
13. Performs daily preventative maintenance on assigned vehicles and ensures vehicles meet all Kuwaiti and US Government safety requirements for operation on public roadways.
14. Reports vehicle defects, malfunctions, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately to the Supervisor or Manager.
15. Assists in storage warehouse operations; maintains & updates stock rotation system.
16. Picks-up/Inventories items for issue from Property Book Office.
17. Performs or leads the movement of furniture from one location to another and coordinates tasks required with the responsible Furnishings Warehouse Lead, or Property Specialists.
18. Assists/leads in palletizing or sorting of furnishing items when required.
19. Escorts/supervises DPW contractor workers or furniture vendors when required
20. Complies with the Housing Performance Work Statement (PWS), and the ITT Exelis KBOSSS Policies and Standard Practices (P&SP’s).
21. Adjusts schedule as necessary to assist other sections in the Housing Branch when short staffed or when mission surge occurs.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
3 Ton flatbed Cargo Truck, 5 K forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, and floor carts.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Work is generally conducted in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required is certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
||Al Kuwait, Kuwait
||Logistics and Transportation
التقدم للوظيفة الان