Under direction of Senior HVAC Technician, Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician involves the setting up,
maintenance and trouble-shooting of industrial HVAC equipments such as boilers and chillers, light commercial units to include,
package, DX and split units and residential units to include split, mini-split and window units. This job requires theoretically
knowledge of air conditioning and the production of chilled water as well as practical mechanical and electrical understanding.
Technicians deal with refrigerant and Freon gas which could have a serious environmental effect once improperly handled.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Coordinates with assigned HVAC Senior and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders
2. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying
equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
3. Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
4. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for
making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
5. Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the
purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
6. Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded
7. Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability for safe operating condition.
8. Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or
gathering information required to perform job functions.
9. Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing function of HVAC
10. Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or
11. Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping,
etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
12. Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required
to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
13. Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
14. Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required
15. Perform other duties as assigned, may be out of the scope of HVAC repairs.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1. Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and other structures.
2. A basic set of hand tools includes those most commonly used on the job, such as wrenches, pliers, a tape measure, a
utility knife, sockets and screwdrivers to provide maintenance on already-installed HVAC systems.
3. Refrigerant gauges, vacuum pumps, ODS reclaim/recycle equipment’s, torch sets, and temperature reading devices
and all other HVAC related tools/equipment’s.
HVAC Technician works in a variety of commercial, industrial, and residential settings installing, repairing and maintaining a
variety of mechanical and electronic equipment, such as heating and air conditioning units, compressors, thermostats,
condensers, fans, piping, and ducts.
||Al Kuwait, Kuwait
||Maintenance, Repair, and Technician
التقدم للوظيفة الان