Information Management Officer – IRC International Rescue committee
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 3,000 staff and workers in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Information Management Officer (IMO), based in the IRC Amman office, under the direct supervision of the Information Management Manager, is responsible for obtaining reliable protection information from the field through ongoing coordination, information review and provision of feedback to the protection needs assessors. He/She will also be responsible of translating data/information into English and data entry into the protection databases, in addition to drafting protection reports. The IMO will provide guidance to protection teams on how to collect accurate information collection in the field using the relevant tools provided by the IRC.
• Coordinate with the child protection, women’s protection and empowerment or protection rule of law teams and other relevant parties to obtain detailed and reliable protection monitoring data on a weekly basis.
• Supervise the tracking of disaggregated information on beneficiary numbers and indicators over time from data received from programs; follow-up as needed to ensure data is accurate and complete.
• Translate the information received from the field into English.
• Ensure timely and accurate entry of the data into the relevant databases
• Generate regular protection monitoring reports and other data analysis/visualization using IRC developed forms/database in English products to be shared with coordination mechanisms and within IRC.
• Provide ongoing support to the protection staff data collection and use of protection monitoring forms in the field.
• Analyze qualitative data collected from site visits, focus group discussions, key information visits and other qualitative methods; identify relevant trends and patterns.
• Act as the focal point for follow-up with protection needs assessors where needed.
• Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisors.
Research, Learning and Analysis
• Support the protection, WPE or CP managers to develop and implement regular monitoring and evaluation activities for the protection program.
• Ensures quality information management including beneficiary count in coordination with the protection coordinator and the information management team.
Coordination & Representation
• Support the timely information sharing regarding challenges and needs at the field level.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Information Management Manager
Indirect/Technical Reporting: Protection Coordinator, WPE Coordinator, or CP Coordinator
Position directly Supervises: N/A
Key Internal Contacts:
• Country Program: North West and South Protection Managers, Legal Specialist, Child Protection Manager, Women’s Protection and Empowerment Manager, Information Management Manager and Information Management Officers, Senior Field Coordinator, Program staff, Supply chain staff
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Information Management Officer – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.