IT Manager – IRC International Rescue committee
Job Overview/Summary: The IT Manager will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of the IT function as part of the IRC Middle East Shared Services Unit based in Amman, Jordan. The Shared Services Unit provides support to three IRC offices in Amman, namely the IRC Jordan Country Program, the IRC Syria Country Program and the Middle East Regional Office. The IT Manager will facilitate the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure and systems, conduct staff training and directly supervise the IT team in these offices. The IT Manager will report to the Administration Coordinator (Shared Services) but will work closely with the Regional ICT Coordinator as well as other program and operations staff to ensure effective and timely delivery of IT support.
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
• Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) to resolve Level 1 issues.
• Resolve or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues to appropriate internal or external resources (regional/global IT, management, and vendor) as necessary.
• Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
Installation and Configuration:
• Servers, Windows server operating system, Domain and essential network services.
• Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals
• IRC standard system image, Windows 7 operating system, Microsoft office and Outlook
• Local Area Network, wireless network, Layer 7 devices, Firewalls, network storage, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
• Plan/Implement/Manage IT infrastructure/systems standards across all offices in Jordan and Syria.
Maintenance, Repair and Security
• Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources.
• Develop appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all IRC laptops, desktop computer photocopiers, printers, and other IT communication related equipment.
• Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per IRC IT recommendations and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
• Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
• Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
• Closely collaborate with Regional and HQ IT teams on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global IRC IT projects.
• Investigate local Internet connectivity options to connect CP offices thru VPNs and obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
• Any other IT related tasks assigned by the supervisor or Regional/HQ IT teams to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
Training, Evaluation and Testing
• Develop and implement regular user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
• Test and evaluate new technology as required by Regional and HQ IT.
• Advise office management of the technology available to help accomplish their tasks and goals, and help them develop a technology implementation plan inclusive of system design and staff training.
• Prepare and submit regular, quarterly and trip reports that provide sufficient detail for Regional/HQ teams to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
IT Asset Management
• Perform annual IT Audit for Jordan/Syria offices as directed by Regional/Global IT.
• Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
• Maintain an updated IT Asset Registry, including software & licenses.
• Identify through tender process, as per standard IRC policies and procedures, local supply chain for IRC IT requirements.
IT Staff supervision and development
• Provide technical supervision for IT staff in Jordan & Syria offices by on-the-job support and coaching to promote harmonized program approaches and strategies.
• Train and Build the capacity of the IT Team members in Jordan/Syria offices by providing the needed IT technical training & assistance.
• Coordinate and delegate IT tasks and activities between IT team members in different offices.
• Ensure that performance objectives for IT staff (direct & indirect reports) are regularly reviewed and met.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Administrative Coordinator
Position directly supervises: 2 IT Officers
Position technically supervises: 1 IT Assistant – Jordan Field Office
Indirect Reporting: Regional ICT Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All departments and users
External: IT equipment and supplies vendors, internet service providers
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة IT Manager – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.