• To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information
• To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, ethical users of information
• To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
• To collaborate with classroom teachers to design and implement units of instruction, assess student learning
• To align the School Library Program (SLP) with the mission, goals, and objectives of Doha Academy.
• collaborates with classroom teachers as a partner in the instructional process
• collaborates to design, teach, and assess learning experiences that incorporate inquiry learning,
• information literacies in their formats, critical thinking and self-assessment
• provides and plans professional development
• promotes a love of reading and lifelong learning
• promotes instructional technology to improve learning
• teaches students to build on prior knowledge to construct new knowledge
• serves on decision making teams, school improvement and accreditation activities; presenting at meetings
• benchmarks the SLP (School Library Program) to school and national standards
• stays current in professional practices, educational research; maintains active professional memberships
• advocates for SLP (School Library Program) through an effective public relations program
• collects and analyzes data to improve instruction; demonstrates correlations between the SLP and student achievement
• fosters a creative, flexible environment so that the school library is an essential part of the learning community
• Stock and distribute age appropriate learning materials and reading books to the learners and teaching staff.
• develops and maintains resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and instructional strategies of the school community
• co-operates and networks with other libraries of Doha Academy Branches.
• establishes procedures for selection, acquisition, circulation, resource sharing of resources in all formats
• evaluates, promotes and uses existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning
• promotes the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating the work of library support staff.
• Interacting daily with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other staff.
• Moving, lifting, and storing of materials and equipment as required.
• Partnering with other staff to design and implement effective instruction; classroom management skills.
• Using automated library systems for collection, maintenance, purchasing, cataloguing and inventory.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, parents, other school employees.
• Maintaining accurate records and reports.
• Communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
Standards and Quality Assurance
• Support the aims and ethos of Doha Academy
• Follow Doha Academy’s policies and procedures.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• Attend and participate in open evenings and report on pupil progress.
• Uphold the school's behaviour code and uniform regulations.
• Participate and contribute to staff training.
• Attend team and staff meetings.
• Positively embrace professional development and research
• Ability to reflect on and improve performance
• Be a role model in all your actions and behaviour.
• To undertake professional development and research as agreed.
• To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection and safeguarding, Health and Safety, and report all concerns to the appropriate person.
• To take part in activities such as Open Evenings, Parents’ Evenings, Sports days etc.
||Teaching and Academics
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Librarian – Doha Academy بكل سهولة الان مجانا.