Serves as the primary advocate for the health and well-being of students and staff within Doha Academy Schools. Responsibilities include health screenings and services, emergency first aid, the care of those who are ill and injured while in the school, maintenance of health records, and instruction in sound health practices.
The School Nurse shall:
• Work in concert with the school administration, Social Workers, Secretaries and other staff members at Doha Academy completing appropriate records and reports and carrying out medical orders that may be issued.
• Plan and conduct the health screening, biennial nursing assessments, health appraisals, and health surveys (e.g., blood pressure, dental, vision, hearing, height, and weight, scoliosis, assisting with athletic physicals, etc.) as established by the Board of Doha Academy. Make referrals as required, and inform parents and appropriate staff of the need for corrective care.
• Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of a complete up-to-date student health record. Such records include, but are not limited to immunization data, screenings, referrals, follow-up required, and specific medical conditions.
• Complete and submit in a timely fashion all medical forms and reports, including accident reports, as required by regulation, policy, or as requested.
• Fulfil State requirements and policies of Supreme Health Council ( SHC) for communicable disease control and the exclusion and readmission of pupils for reasons of health, reviewing all doctor and medical notes submitted to the school by students and parents. Provide instruction to all teachers on methods to detect the first signs of communicable disease
• Administer medication to students in accordance with the law, Administration of Medication Policy of Doha Academy and Regulation. Issue a Clinic Referral Form to each child who is treated at the clinic and make sure it has been sent to the concerned parents in the homework diary.
• Follow protocols that provide for crisis intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances.
• Provide emergency care arising from accident and illness at school in accordance with the Administration of Medication Policy of Doha Academy.
• Make arrangements for treatment at hospitals or clinics in an emergency or when requested by the Head of Sections / School Principal.
• Understand and follow established procedures for sanitation and hygiene in the handling of body fluids. Ensure that all staff understand and follow established procedures.
• Address staff annually regarding universal precautions.
• Follow acceptable and established procedures for the disposal of medical waste.
• Select, arrange for purchase, and store appropriate medical supplies and equipment necessary to operate a school health office. Recommend a budget to support the health services program.
• Assume a leadership role in identifying students with health problems that may interfere with effective learning. Advise the School Administrators and Teaching Staff when the need to make adjustments in the instructional program is required as a result of a health condition.
• Work with community health agencies and resources to provide a comprehensive and coordinated health services program for the school and its students.
• Consult with the Teaching staff, Social Workers, Secretaries and other school personnel regarding the health of a child and the home situation, recognizing that the total family health and home status is important to the welfare of the child.
• Plan and implement school health management protocols for the child with chronic health problems.
• Notify immediately appropriate personnel of any evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical conditions or individuals appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
• Counsel students, staff, and parents concerning health issues, care, treatment, and other community health issues.
• Teach students, upon request of classroom teacher or Building Administrator selected health topics including but not limited to:
Health promotion and disease prevention concepts and health-enhancing behaviours.
Health-enhancing personal, interpersonal, and life skills.
Effects of the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
Biological, social, cultural, and psychological aspects of human sexuality and family life.
Health-related fitness concepts.
Critical thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
• Serve as a resource to classroom teachers on comprehensive health related instruction so that all students demonstrate competency in the Core Curriculum Content Standards.
• Understand and communicate current developments in the health field through reading of professional journals, participation in professional development, and involvement in professional organizations.
• Recommend policies and procedures that promote a healthy Doha Academy environment and a clean, safe facility. Identify and communicate to the principal any unsafe practices or conditions.
• Attend required staff meetings and serve, as appropriate, on staff committees.
• Maintain a safe and clean clinic including the care and maintenance of all clinic equipment needed to carry out job functions and responsibilities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Display the highest ethical and professional behaviour and standards when working with students, parents, school personnel, and other agencies associated with the school.
• Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
Standards and Quality Assurance
• Support the aims and ethos of Doha Academy
• Follow Doha Academy’s policies and procedures.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• Attend and participate in open evenings and report on pupil progress.
• Uphold the school's behaviour code and uniform regulations.
• Participate and contribute to staff training.
• Attend team and staff meetings.
• Positively embrace professional development and research
• Ability to reflect on and improve performance
• Be a role model in all your actions and behaviour.
• To undertake professional development and research as agreed.
• To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection and safeguarding, Health and Safety, and report all concerns to the appropriate person.
• To take part in activities such as Open Evenings, Parents’ Evenings, Sports days etc.
||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان