Reading Specialist – Wazzan Educational Services
Under the direction of the principal, the responsibilities of the position fall into two categories. As a teacher, the reading specialist is responsible for providing direct instruction to students, individually or in small groups, to enable students to develop literacy skills. As a literacy leader/coach, the position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive literacy program through coaching, supporting, and guiding teachers in best practices for literacy instruction.Provide direct instruction in the areas of reading and writing for identified groups and individual students, with an emphasis on emergent, beginning, and transitional readers.
– Coaching to include, but not limited to, co-teaching, collaboration, facilitation of instructional strategies, modeling, observing, and providing feedback.
– Identify literature for use in all content areas in support of the curriculum.
– Provide curriculum support and training for all teachers and continuous staff development that supports respective school division (ES, MS, HS) initiatives.
– Model and coach instructional methods in a variety of settings (whole group and small group) and provide follow-up support.
– Collaborate with and coach teachers on the use of assessment data to plan instruction; analyze school literacy data and plan for future literacy needs
– Provide ongoing training and follow-up in the use of assessment tools.
– Select instructional materials to meet student needs.
– Participate in collaborative instructional planning.
– Assess students using a variety of measures to determine appropriate placement and specific instructional needs.
– Conduct classroom visitations and provides feedback to teachers and administrators on the school’s literacy program.
– Serve as a liaison between the school and various other educational organizations (local, national, international) by attending meetings (where possible) and/ or disseminating information.
– Maintain an organized system and accessible location for the storage and circulation of reading and writing materials.
– Maintain a comprehensive inventory of instructional materials and resources.
– Assist with the planning and delivery of parent workshops and informational sessions involving the language arts program.
– Participate in parent conferences and provide instructional suggestions.
– Remain grounded in content standards and objectives in order to facilitate integrated and concept based instruction.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
||Al Kuwait, Kuwait
||Teaching and Academics
||Education, Training, and Library
||Albania; Austria; Australia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Belgium; Bulgaria; Belarus; Canada; Switzerland; Czech Republic; Germany; Denmark; Estonia; Spain; Finland; France; Great Britain (UK); Greece; Croatia (Hrvatska); Hungary; Ireland; Iceland; Italy; Kosovo; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Latvia; Moldova; Montenegro; Macedonia; Netherlands; Norway; New Zealand; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Serbia; Russian Federation; Sweden; Slovenia; Slovak Republic; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Reading Specialist – Wazzan Educational Services بكل سهولة الان مجانا.