Ref: AKR001 – Design Manager
Primary Purpose of the Job:
– Manages, develops and coordinates the design development process.
– Implement an effective design review process.
– Coordinates design activities with other department and stakeholders.
– Monitors design progress and identify areas of concern.
– Review design change and highlight as necessary to Senior Design Manager.
– Functions as the design professional on the project providing quality review, implementation of policy and procedures and interface and complies with the government standards;
– Manages multiple projects through interaction with Architects, consultants and subcontractors;
– Provides Architects/ Design Coordinators with clear and consistent direction with regard to Goals and objectives;
– Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for the project;
– Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner;
– Ensures that all steps within the project are documented and that the documentation
meets Quality Control Standards;
– Reviews design changes and ensure that the information is channeled properly to Senior Design Manager;
– Monitor the preparation of shop drawings and making sure that deadlines are met as per
applicable in-house quality standards;
– Initiate and monitor the coordination of design activities amongst the different Engineering trades and advise action plans and mitigation routes;
– Monitor design progress, identify areas of concern, make sure planned design schedules are met and allocate resources accordingly;
– Monitor and review sub-contractors’ submittals: materials, method statements, shop drawings, progress reports, execution plans, etc… Propose alternate solutions for ambiguous items without compromising the project change management protocols and quality;
– Analyze and generate RFI to the consultant to clarify various ambiguities in IFC documents;
– Ensure proper distribution of all updated and approved project documents to all project concerned parties to keep them all updated;
– Follow up with the construction team to solve all technical problems that may arise during construction;
– Oversee Inter-disciplinary Coordination and Identify Design Coordination Shortfalls;
– Assist in preparation of mock ups for the selected material to show its aspect and to resolve
interface details between various types of finishes;
– Follow up with the consultant for shop drawings submittals and approvals;
– Attend meetings with sub-contractors to follow up on their shop drawings progress and monitor their technical output to make sure it is in line with the projects design intent and specifications;
– Review sub-contractors shop drawings before official submission to the supervision consultant for technical check-up and fine tuning if needed;
– Resolve interface problems amongst various trades by preparing coordination shop drawings. (Architecture, Civil and MEP);
– Conduct regular coordination and follow up meetings with the Supervision consultant as well as sub-contractors to adopt and agree technical solutions and proposals;
– Review and analyze technical data in the projects such as drawings, specifications and BOQ;
– Assist and review in house development of the shop drawings. Assist and conduct coordination meetings between engineers of different trades and draftsmen;
– Performs other duties as assigned.
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Ref: AKR001 – Design Manager بكل سهولة الان مجانا.