We are looking for an innovative and flexible individual to join us a Regional Humanitarian Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Adviser supporting the design and delivery of high quality, timely and accountable programming in Food Security and Livelihoods in the Middle East and Eurasia region.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Humanitarian FSL team supports children and their families to cope in adverse time and help them recover. Together with other teams, we save children’s lives and help them fulfil their potential in a comprehensive way.
As Regional FSL Advisor you will be based in the MEE Regional Office in Jordan. Coordinating, planning and providing necessary support to Save the Children’s FSL portfolio, you will identify technical support needs and provide short-term support to programmes within the region, on site or remotely. You will be in control of a multi donor, multimillion portfolio, ensuring that strategic grants are well supported, and also be responsible for coordinating a technical FSL strategy within the Syria response. You will work with SC member focal points to secure funding for FSL programmes in line with the country strategy, through coordination with donor technical experts and developing high quality proposals. In addition you will:
– Create a deep understanding of the need of children of all age (including adolescents) and how to help them through FSL programming
– Work on a Regional FSL direction of travel document, based on the needs of the region, the global thematic strategies, global trends and innovations
– Create and support a collaborative learning and sharing network between technical staff in the region, developing a consolidated technical strategy
– Engage strategically both internally and externally to promote the most appropriate interventions that not only respond to humanitarian needs but facilitate resilience-building and recovery for vulnerable families in the region in line with Save the Children’s global strategy
– Promote sectoral integration with child protection, education, shelter, nutrition, WASH, health and HIV.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|