Based in the regional office in Amman, Jordan, the Regional Measurement Action Coordinator will provide strategic, technical and managerial leadership for the IRC’s global and regional measurement efforts throughout the Middle East region. Those efforts include monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning, and, critically, strengthening individual countries’ capacity to measure and make decisions and take action based on data. This senior position requires coordinating measurement activities across countries – including providing support to in-country MEAL staff – and working with country teams to ensure that data are of high quality and used effectively for decision making.
The RMAC will supervise one other member of the regional unit, and will work in partnership with senior country leadership, program management and M&E units, as well as other regional staff such as technical advisors. S/he will liaise with IRC’s headquarters in NY, office in London and the RMACs in other regions.
Provide thought leadership in the region and for the wider organization:
• Provide inputs into, and stay informed of, measurement developments across the organization, and ensure their contextualization to the Middle East region
• Champion an organizational culture shift from a focus on data being primarily for donor reporting or indicator calculation purposes to using data for programmatic course correction and other decisions, and promote greater commitment to measurement among country-level senior leadership, ensuring they prioritize data use
• Maintain and promote the use of a regional repository of monitoring tools and programmatic learning, including monitoring, research and evaluation results
• Keep established regional initiatives (beneficiary counting and feedback/response) up to date and relevant, and proactively identify and action emerging initiatives that will address the region’s strategic needs
• Facilitate a community of practice among all M&E technical specialists in the region
• Participate in other organizational priorities that intersect with measurement, at both regional and global levels, such as ICT4P, Partnerships, Client Responsiveness, Best Use of Resources, Innovation, Research & Development
Technical assistance to country programs:
• Ensure key staff in country programs know and understand global measurement commitments, and what is needed to reach them, centered firmly around Monitoring for Action
• Guide country programs to choose and realize their own appropriate M&E capacity assessments, structures, staff recruitments, methods and tools, capacity building and resources
• Provide coaching, mentoring and other types of capacity building to senior-most M&E staff in country programs
• Help country programs to develop systems and procedures that measure country program-wide performance and achievements towards outcomes, using the Outcomes & Evidence Framework core indicators and other methods as appropriate
• Review strategically important proposal logframes and M&E narratives, paying particular attention to the use of OEF core indicators
• Provide technical oversight to those country programs implementing regional beneficiary feedback & response mechanism, and more intense technical support to those designing and starting up such a mechanism
• Together with the regional ICT4P team, provide technical support to strengthen data and information management systems, using increasingly more sophisticated techniques than Excel, including improvements in data collection, storage, flow and analysis
• Together with the global COMET Support Team, support the uptake of IRC’s global data platform (COMET), including the use of COMET in data analysis meetings (as per MfA standard 7)
• Together with the region’s Technical Advisors, support country teams in the analysis, interpretation and presentation of data for programmatic decision making
• Support program evaluations, as needed
• Provide limited gap-filling, when necessary
Coordinate the M&E of multi-country projects:
• Lead in the M&E design, implementation, reporting and final evaluation stages of multi-country projects, gaining the agreements of all country programs for mutually workable approaches
• Design the logframe and indicator-setting, measurement plans, methods and data collection tools
• Consolidate, analyze, calculate, and report on the indicators data for internal and external (donor reporting) purposes
• Represent IRC on M&E aspects of consortia, as relevant
Support country teams to understand if/how they have reached measurement expectations:
• Produce bi-annual regional beneficiary reach data and information products
• Conduct annual assessments against MfA standards
• Conduct annual assessments against regional beneficiary feedback & response mechanism standards
• Facilitate the continual measurement of COMET key performance indicators
• Together with other stakeholders, provide an independent source for measuring achievements of the Measurement Universal Expectations
• Participate in Strategy Action Plan reviews or other efforts to measure progress towards SAPs
• Provide reports to HQ and/or the Regional Office on country-level and regional progress towards MfA, COMET, UE and other M&E efforts
Human Resources Management and Development
• Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting quarterly performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Hold high-quality meetings with each direct report on a regular and predictable basis, at least bi-weekly.
• Provide a measurable development plan including on-the-job learning with the aim of strengthening technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing guidance on career paths.
• Promote and monitor staff care, well-being and self-care; approve and manage all time attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage.
• Look for opportunities to support staff in their career growth, where appropriate. Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s country and Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
• As part of succession plan and nationalization goals, identify, train and develop capability and capacity of a national staff to successfully transition role and responsibilities, by end of assignment.
• Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
• Work with regional HR staff to identify and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
Position Reports to: Deputy Regional Director
Position directly supervises: Senior Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Other Internal: Country program senior leadership and program management – primarily CDs, DDPs, Program Coordinators, M&E Coordinators
Regional office staff – primarily those in ICT4P, remote capacity building, partnerships, innovation, business development
HQ & London office staff – primarily the Organizational Measurement Director, MfA Coordinator, RMAC counterparts, Research Evaluation & Learning Unit, Technical Units (Technical Advisors and M&E specialists), Grants (pre-award and post-award)
External: Partner organizations, donors, other humanitarian actors in the region
||Research and Development
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان