Research Specialist II – BPO+
The Research Specialist II executes laboratory experiments for various research projects of the Division of Pathology Sciences. Assignments may require investigation of a number of variables and complex features. Working with general supervision, the role is required to exercise judgment in making technical decisions related to delegated tasks.. The incumbent observes and maintains a high standard of laboratory health, safety and risk procedures; and works to departmental Standard Operating Procedures/ protocols and current professional standards.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Collect environmental samples for molecular and microbiology testing
• Performs a wide range of laboratory procedures including, but not limited to, bacteriological culture, DNA, RNA extraction and quantification from clinical and environmental samples, standard and quantitative PCR, and conventional and next-generation sequencing
• Analyze data, record and report back results to the investigator and participate in discussion to rectify areas of concern or to implement new ideas
• Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory including work surfaces, biosafety hoods and equipment according to the standard operating procedures
• Maintains storage of clinical and environmental specimens, nucleic acid extracts and reference and control materials
• Maintains co-ordination and co-operation with the clinical laboratory through regular communication with other Technologists and senior staff
• Responsible for ensuring adequate stocks of reagents and consumables for assigned research projects
• Takes responsibility for the maintenance and safe use of equipment within the section
• Ensures policies and procedures for the sections are adhered to
• Participates in the training (theoretical and practical) of technical staff in methodologies, principles and procedures by way of tutorials, presentations and seminars
• Adheres to standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
WORK ENVIRONMENT THE ROLE OPERATES IN
• Work is performed in a laboratory environment within a clinical and research laboratory setting.
• Physical effort required to move deliveries within the laboratory, to appropriate storage facilities. This involves transportation of items with weights up to 10kg.
• Trust: Being competent; acting consistently, reliably and predictably; acting with honesty and integrity; respecting patient, employee and commercial confidentiality; delivering on commitments
• Care: Acting with empathy, kindness and compassion; being humble; listening and responding; acting with cultural sensitivity; Caring for patients and staff
• Teamwork: Sharing information and knowledge and learning from demonstrated expertise; being respectful, and thereby earning respect of others; acting with professionalism; leading and following; collaborating and being accessible
• Transparency: Frequent and honest communication; open access to information for decision making; willingly acknowledge shortcomings; speaking up about concerns; publishing performance indicators
• Innovation: Freedom to innovate; welcoming ideas and encouraging creativity; supporting talent; creating confidence; celebrating successes
• Efficiency: Providing measurable value; using data to drive decision making; having and achieving clear goals; building processes that work; continuously improving outcomes in patient and family care
||Research and Development
||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Research Specialist II – BPO+ بكل سهولة الان مجانا.