To provide a secretarial, reception and administration service for the school and Head of Section.
The school secretary works under the direction supervision of the Head of Section
The coordination of his/her work will be carried out through the Head of Section
In planning the most effective use of the secretary’s time the following points should be kept in mind.
• The secretary is employed to carry out the clerical and administrative work of the school.
• The secretary’s job can be classified under the following two headings.
A) The work of the school office
B) The responsibility of the secretary to the Head of Section
• To carry out duties which are administrative in nature.
• To perform usual administrative tasks during Saturdays and mid-term breaks.
Recordkeeping / Database Management
• implementing and maintaining all office and school recordkeeping systems;
• maintaining a comprehensive student database;
• developing and tracks records and reports related to incidents, accidents, average daily attendance, and test scores;
• using both computer and manual filing systems which allow for efficient collection, retention, and retrieval of information, completes forms which include purchase orders, online supply orders, conference/travel claims, mileage claims, timesheets, evaluation forms, enrolment cards, rosters another related forms; creates and maintains student files;
• maintaining records for teacher and school budgets, student body funds, attendance, and other related records as needed.
• Collection and maintenance of personnel records, including records of absence, annual leave, pupil records, time sheets etc.
• Using a computer, prepares, creates, and composes letters, reports, bulletins, and other documents for the school or instructional programs;
• answering routine correspondence for the administrator;
• preparing documents from rough draft, notes, recordings, or oral instructions and reports from confidential records;
• operating computer and standard office equipment; may provide technical support to staff.
• Acting as liaison between the school site and the general public by conveying information concerning rules, regulations, policies, and laws;
• greeting and directing visitors; addressing standard inquiries by letter, phone, e-mail, fax or personal contact;
• maintaining internal communication system insuring instructional, probation, and support personnel are kept informed of needed information;
• coordinating the transfer of information between site/program and outside agencies;
• interacting with and assisting students when necessary;
• assisting students and parents/guardians by explaining and enforcing school site requirements;
• communicating as necessary with supervisor;
• maintaining confidentiality of records.
• Receiving training and administers minor first aid.
Site / Program Support
• ensuring appropriate calendars of activities are maintained for the school including establishment of schedules for parent conferences, Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, school visitors, and other meetings;
• assisting the process of registering new students;
• coordinating and scheduling transportation for students and staff;
• assisting the administrator and other staff in planning and preparing for staff meetings, in-services, conferences, and workshops;
• assisting in the development of office procedures; insures appropriate security and safety methods are employed within the office;
• ordering supplies and equipment for school/program insuring adequate levels are maintained.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• General clerical duties; filing, opening and distribution of mail, record and post outgoing mail, distribution of mail to parents and governors etc. general typing and word processing for letters and memoranda, composing letters for signature, etc.
• In the absence of the Administration Assistant, reception and telephone, take messages and filter visitors and enquiries as appropriate, respond to pupil and parent enquiries and host visitors.
• Attend meetings in connection with finance, personnel, administration and governing body duties in order to keep abreast of changes in legislation and/or current working practises.
• Maintain an office diary and liaising with staff when parents and/or suppliers request appointments.
• Maintain an orderly office.
Standards and Quality Assurance
• Support the aims and ethos of Doha Academy
• Follow Doha Academy’s policies and procedures.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• Attend and participate in open evenings and report on pupil progress.
• Uphold the school's behaviour code and uniform regulations.
• Participate and contribute to staff training.
• Attend team and staff meetings.
• Positively embrace professional development and research
• Ability to reflect on and improve performance
• Be a role model in all your actions and behaviour.
• To undertake professional development and research as agreed.
• To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection and safeguarding, Health and Safety, and report all concerns to the appropriate person.
• To take part in activities such as Open Evenings, Parents’ Evenings, Sports days etc.
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان