Senior Project Officer (hydroponic project-Azraq Camp) – ACTED
Under the supervision of the Food Security Project Manager, the Food Security Project Officer is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the hydroponic agriculture pilot project under the WFP food assistance program targeting Syrian refugees living in Azraq camp.
The hydroponic agriculture project is a project involving 24 vulnerable Syrian refugees who after appropriate training will be responsible to ensure a constant production of fodder for animal consumption through a container specifically equipped for hydroponic agriculture. Project activities include: trainings, assessment, beneficiaries’ selection, IBVs supervision and support.
The project is also aiming at improving the food security and nutrition situation in Azraq host communities through an increased availability and lower price of highly nutritious animal fodder that will in turn allow small farmers to increase their production of milk and/or meat.
1. Ensure the effective planning and the implementation of the following activities supported by the IBVs and project interns:
1. With WFP, SRAD and UNHCR develop vulnerability criteria for beneficiary selection and select the participants in line with guidelines provided by project and program managers
2. Provide 12 training sessions to beneficiary households with technical support from NCARE
3. Supervise four-person teams of beneficiaries manage fodder production through six two-week fodder production cycles including facilitating/supervising the selling of the fodder and procurement of needed inputs
4. Provide regular coaching and monitoring of hydroponic activities throughout the project
5. Provide IBV cash assistance to beneficiary households according to WFP IBV guidelines
6. Through the conducting and provision of reports the line manager on project outcomes, including activities conducted, overall progress, challenges, and lessons learnt.
7. Supporting the implementation of assessments, surveys and studies
8. Coordinate with fodder buyers as well as with seeds and other inputs suppliers to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the hydroponic container
The Project Officer should be available to support any other task necessary to carry out food assistance project implementation if and when requested by the Food Security Project Manager and Food Security Program Manager.
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Senior Project Officer (hydroponic project-Azraq Camp) – ACTED بكل سهولة الان مجانا.