Shipping Officer – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Standard function description:
– Handles medium to large logistical files independently
– Implements and runs logistics procedures
– Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
– Manages cargo shipments by air and sea in line with ICRC and international regulations
– Requests freight quotations for international sea and air freight consignments
– Selects cost efficient and reliable mode of transportation, including the choice of forwarder, shipping line that guarantee a safe and quick transportation
– Negotiates with shipping companies on rates and special privileges such as extended “free time” on container demurrage at destination
– Responds efficiently to all shipping requests from headquarters and the field
– Organizes tenders with selected and approved transporters, analyses them and
– establishes a selection table based on the criteria of cost efficiency, reliability and shortest delivery time.
– Keeps contact with the LSC warehouse, the manufacturer/supplier and the transporter to enable smooth coordination and cargo pick-up
– Ensures that the required documentation is correctly established. Coordinates with the receiving end the sending of the documents and the timely release of the cargo
– Follows up the invoicing, irregularities,
– delays and eventual claims
Establishes proper shipping files allowing to track back freight and customs issues
– Maintains a professional and constructive dialogue with external interlocutors such as freight forwarder, clearing agents, Customs + Excise, governmental bodies and authority involved in transportation (ports, border points, airport)
– Proposes new reliable partners in the field of freight forwarding and transportation for ultimate validations by Head of Logistics.
– Keeps always a breast of market developments by gathering information from external sources
– Adapts his/her behaviour to various interlocutors
– Establishes weekly progress reports on status of shipments
Updates the DFR database
– Establishes coherent transport files that fulfil the criteria to receive tax returns and to document transport activities
– Ensures necessary administrative work is implemented on time (R/O and P/O
– procedures, financial forecast on transport, payment of invoices, etc.)
– Knows, applies and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to his/her work (financial time reporting, follow up on freight payments and eventual container deposits and demurrage) keeps the files up-to-date at all times
– Prepares the P/O files for transportation and submits them for validation to Head of Logistics before they are dispatched to LOG_STAT/Manila
Treatment of information:-
– Registers and treats information (freight quotations and privileged freight concessions) accurately and confidentially
– Maintains regular contacts with potential transporter/freight forwarder incl. transport associations and establishes minutes for proper follow-up
SUPPORT TO THE DELEGATION:-
– Entertains a constructive dialogue with the client delegations and the LOG_TSP/GVA,
– informs on the status of consignments
Makes a proper follow-up on documentary
– requirements and on the delivery status of the shipments
– Participates actively in the internal logistics meeting and informs accurately on the active files.
SUPPORT TO DELEGATE IN CHARGE:-
– Advises on new developments on freight and clearing issues, shares relevant information related to the pricing and eventual freight increases.
– Acts as reference point during delegate's/supervisor's absences in terms of transport and customs issues.
– Presents synthesis of problematic issues succinctly and accurately.
Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
Applies the security rules at all times
Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC
The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
||Logistics and Transportation
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Shipping Officer – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) بكل سهولة الان مجانا.