Trainee Horticultural Supervisor – Commonwealth War Graves Commission
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) is an international non-profit organisation seeking to recruit a Trainee Horticultural Supervisor to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.
Responsible for assisting in the execution and co-ordination of horticultural maintenance/renovation work within the region, to assist in the day to day control of the Horticultural staff in Egypt, Sudan, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco (TAM) ensuring that staff maintain the cemeteries and memorials to the Commissions standards as efficiently and economically as possible.
• To become fully conversant with all aspects of the Commissions Horticultural policies, processes and procedures. Familiarise quickly with the organisation, staff and geography of the region
• Organise and plan the horticultural and caretaking work of the Hort staff and driver/mechanic in the region
• Visit all sites within the region at specified intervals to ensure that satisfactory maintenance is being carried out to the Commission’s standard
• Assist the TS in any employee related issues
• Responsible for a range of administrative tasks that arise within the group, including timesheets, corporate reporting requirements and renovation plans
• Ensure that safe working practices and the Commissions H&S policies and procedures are adhered to at all times by all members of the group. Following correct procedure for accidents at work and near misses and compiling paperwork and investigation as necessary
• Ensure all horticultural machinery, irrigation systems, equipment installations, vehicle and properties are maintained in good running order, adhering to specified maintenance schedules and instructions
• Assist in sourcing casual labour in conjunction with Horticultural and Works Manager, as required
• Report on any structural defects noted, as well as any development in the surroundings of cemeteries and memorials to the Works Supervisor
• Report to the Line Manager on any problems affecting fulfilment of the task which require solutions beyond their remit/delegated authorities
• Reports any vandalism or degradation to the appropriate authorities and informs the Area Office
• Undertake such other duties as are allocated by or on behalf of the CWGC
• Assist with tree risk assessments
• Assist the TS in communicating core and other briefings to members of the groups
||Customer Service and Call Center
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Trainee Horticultural Supervisor – Commonwealth War Graves Commission بكل سهولة الان مجانا.