WASH Project Officer (Civil Engineer) – ACTED
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer for WASH is responsible for supporting the project manager in overseeing the delivery of the hard WASH component of the projects in the selected areas in the north of Jordan. This includes ensuring the quality of component design and implementation and monitoring projects activities so as to understand how they might be improved.
– Ensure good relations with and support the team so as staff/volunteers feel comfortable and confident in carrying out their tasks;
– Through an activity plan, guide staff so as they are prepared to carry-out activities at the appropriate time as per a well-defined schedule;
– In conjunction with HR: respond to any problems that staff may have; identify training needs of staff;
– Facilitate/organise staff trainings based on the needs analysis so as they are able to carry-out their tasks to a high standard;
– Monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis;
– Appraise staff performance at the appropriate time.
– Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues and outside contacts.
– Under the supervision of the Project Manager, support in designing, implementing and monitoring (against the relevant indicators) the hard WASH component of the project to a high standard;
– Work with the Project Manager to draft WASH related projects plans and the related Terms of references according to sector acknowledged standards.
– Co-management (with other program engineers) of technical team and any other participating staff while in the field as discussed by Project Manager.
– Act as a clear communication channel between ACTED program, Consultant, contractors and beneficiaries.
– Closely coordinate with ACTED Hygiene Promotion/Community Mobilisation and other teams
– Support the Project Manager / Programme Manager in their work with AMEU.
– Work with the outreach teams, other ACTED programme teams, and the relevant FLATS departments so as to ensure good coordination.
– Prepare weekly field reports to be submitted to WASH Project Manager.
– Supervise regularly activities of relevant staff and progress of works.
– Make sure that all subordinated staff follow ACTED procedures.
– Communicate with the line manager and relevant staff for any difficulties linked to project implementation and propose solutions.
– Draft and follow up of program correspondence and reports in coordination with Project Manager.
– Prepare and submit activity reports (with the supporting data, if necessary) to the Project Manager and assist the Programme Development team when reports are due to the donor;
– Perform regular work inspections to assure quality of works and compatibility with agreed specification, standard and drawings,
– Check and validate with Project Manager each invoice presented by contractor for the quantities that implemented on the site before making the required payment
– Prepare with contractor and respective authority/owner for the handing over of each site when the project is near to finish.
– Prepare, check the quality and accuracy of all documents submitted by the field staff (Drawings, B.O.Qs, beneficiary lists, reports, analysis, forms etc.).
Needs assessments and follow-up:
– Contribute to the design and implementation of baseline, end-line and needs assessments and coordinate with the AMEU and PD team as necessary.
– Ensure adequate and timely data collection and compilation;
Respect of ACTED rules and procedures:
Respect ACTED security procedures and guidelines, its code of conduct and child protection policy; Immediately alert line manager and ACTED Security Officer if there is any type of threat and security risk to staff.
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة WASH Project Officer (Civil Engineer) – ACTED بكل سهولة الان مجانا.