Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop strategic and executive plans with
SMART objectives and carefully designed KPIs that aim to achieve the vision and
mission of the School of Science and Technology in Qatar.
- Intensive collaboration with all Subjects Specialists to provide input on the academic level of the students in the school as well as
follow the alignment of curriculum standards, educational resources and activities to support the STEM implementation plan.
- Intensive collaboration with subjects
‘coordinators and school teachers to achieve the Mission and the Vison of the school.
Work to raise awareness of the School`s Vision and Mission within the Qatari community with regard to:
– The Qatari National Curriculum Framework.
– The importance of the STEM approach in building knowledge-based economies.
– The NGSS standards.
- Plan for Extra-curricular and complementary
academic programs for the STEM academic program.
- Oversee the performance of the academic staff at the school and provide feedback and appraisal reports to the school principal.
- Develop partnerships with universities and sponsors and build new future partnerships
to invite all beneficiaries to participate in the school process.
- Build outreach programs with all stakeholders and work on involving parents and community members in supporting student learning.
- Design the whole Professional development plan of the school to build capacity of the different members of the school staff
and conduct non-evaluative targeted coaching cycles with teachers with a focus
on feedback aligned to the curriculum of the school of Science and Technology
as well as the Qatar Educational National Framework.
- Collaborate with teachers and leadership to
develop and/or improve tech integration and knowledge of digital literacy.
- Participate in monthly PD focusing on building
capacity, sharing practices, analyzing data, prioritizing interventions, and creating a culture of collaboration.
- Collaboration with lab coordinators to align
the school curriculum with the sequence of student projects (Energy lab-
fabrication lab- Robotics and Automation lab)
- Assist the School principal in the general
governance and leadership of the school in being responsible for student discipline, classroom observations, teacher evaluation and supervision, facilitating parent meetings, maintaining schedules, and handling logistical
- Serve as testing coordinator, training staff on procedures related to standardized assessment (SAT, ILTES, TOFEL…. etc ) as well as accounting for testing
- With the advent of site-based management, the AVP will work on ensuring the academic success of students by helping to develop new curricula, evaluating teachers, and dealing with school-community
- Work directly under the principal and helps
coordinate, direct and plan the academic or auxiliary activities of the school; manages the teachers, counselor, staff and students on a daily basis. Along with the principal, he will review and approve or recommend modifications to new and existing programs and then submit their proposals to the school board; prepare or oversee the maintenance of attendance records, personnel reports, planning and other activities; coordinate and direct the use of the high school facilities.
- Meet with staff and parents to discuss
policies, educational activities and a student’s learning or behavioral problems. He or she provides counsel and guidance to students regarding academic, personal, behavioral or vocational issues, along with enforcing
attendance and discipline rules. The assistant principal organizes and directs committees of volunteers, specialists and staff to provide either advisory or technical assistance for programs and develops partnerships with communities or organizations to help meet educational needs providing school-to-work programs.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and selecting the best solution, along with developing cooperative
and constructive working relationships; perform daily administrative tasks such
as updating the school website, processing paperwork and preparing or
maintaining information files, records and reports and also handle complaints,
resolve conflicts or grievances and settles disputes.
Common work activities of the Academic Vice Principal:
- Working closely with the principal on a daily
basis to ensure the smooth overall operation of the school.
- Supporting committees of staff and parent that function to improve the learning and social environment of the school for the
- Reviewing annual plans for all subjects,
developing rapport with the students, handling discipline issues and filling in
for the principal when required.
- Resolving conflicts between students, teachers, parents or combinations of conflicts between various individuals.
- Assisting in yearly teacher evaluations,
assisting in providing guidance to staff and students, and encouraging a positive climate in the school.
- Directing assemblies and other special
gatherings of students for events throughout the year.
- Developing emergency response plans for the school as well as Individual action plans.
- Record keeping as required through the use of various logs, tracking records, computer programs, inter or intranet software or other programs.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|