Accountability Assistant – IRC International Rescue committee
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 US cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 3,000 staff and workers in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Accountability Assistant will assist the Accountability Manager in managing the delivery of accountability activities in the Syria country program, most specifically the beneficiary feedback and response mechanism. The post-holder will primarily be responsible to receive and process incoming feedback and complaints from beneficiaries, and conduct administrative duties.
Assist in managing accountability activities:
· Set-up, management and operation of beneficiary communication channels
· Development and updating of the resource package to support complaint handling and referrals
· Awareness-raising, information dissemination and promotion of the use of the beneficiary feedback and response mechanism
· Maintenance of the ticketing/information management system (JIRA), or other future technology solutions, to be fit for purpose
· Compilation, analysis and reporting on feedback/complaint data and cases
· Participation in the effective communication, use and analysis of data to improve programming and accountability to affected populations
· Work with partners to ensure buy-in and proper use of accountability mechanisms in their IRC-supported programming
· Orientation of staff to the Jordan country programs’ feedback/complaints policy and procedures
Delivery of accountability activities:
· Receive, record, classify and route feedback and complaints
· Respond to beneficiaries’ requests for information or other basic feedback
· Use the ticketing system for case management
· Support and facilitate internal and external referrals with program teams
· Provide support in complaint fact findings processes
· Track progress and status of cases including the communication of decisions back to complainants, flagging any issues of quality or compliance with standards
· Conduct staff, partner and volunteer training and refreshers in all field sites on use of the feedback system
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Syria Accountability Manager
Position directly supervises: None
Key Internal Contacts: Primarily the MEAL and Program teams within the Syria Country Program, located in both Jordan and Syria
Key External Contacts: Beneficiaries and other community members who provide feedback
||Training and Development
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Accountability Assistant – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.