Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in around 30 countries, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance. There are more than 4 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries. This is no short- term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by nearly 1300 staff, IRC’s Syria Response Region (SRR) is undertaking programs in Syria and neighboring countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
This Accountability Assistant will assist the Syria accountability manager in managing and strengthening the feedback/complaint system and services in the NW Syria. She/he is responsible to process incoming complaints and assists with administrative activities.
Assist in managing and strengthening the cross border program feedback/complaint system and services
• Support the setting up and operation of communication channels.
• Support in following up and assisting with case management progress and deadlines.
• Analyze and report on feedback/complaint data.
Administers processing of complaints and responses
• Receiving, recording, classifying and routing complaints for attention;
• Responding to requests for information and channeling feedback.
• Tracking progress and status on complaints and communicating back decisions.
• Assist orientation of general staff to feedback/complaints policy and procedures.
• Support in compiling statistics for analysis and reporting on complaint and feedback cases
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Accountability Manager / Syria
Position directly supervises: No
Indirect Reporting: M&E Manager, MEAL coordinator
Other internal contacts: Program technical focal points, IM Manager
External contacts: IRC clients/beneficiaries
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|