The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee began relief operations in Jordan in 2007. Working together with six national and international organizations, and 19 community-based organizations, the IRC has provided 20,000 vulnerable Iraqi refugees with humanitarian assistance, mental health support and informal education.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the supervision of the administrative Manager, the Administrative Assistant (Liaison) will be support administration-related activities in IRC’s offices in Jordan (Jordan, Regional, Syria & SSU offices). To undertake activities and perform duties in compliance with IRC policies and procedures.
• Responsible on drafting all official correspondence letters, sort and filing mails, documents and deliveries. Record details of all IRC office mail pouches and international shipping delivery and ensure timely distribution to recipients.
• Submit and follow up on visa application processes, visa extensions, residency and work permits for IRC staff and visitors. Maintain a regularly updated databases to residency and work permits; and ensure renewals are Sky pack processed in a timely manner.
• Follow up IRC’s applications and documents’ submission to Jordanian Government Departments and Ministries; follow up on the progress of submissions; liaise with government departments and officials to confirm any changes in official processes; ensure any changes in official processes are understood and communicated to direct supervisor.
• To be responsible for service provision for landline telephones, post-paid & postpaid mobile lines, arrange new connections as needed; liaise with contracted vendors and supply companies; maintain accurate tracking sheets; ensure vendors and supply companies are paid on time.
• Maintain inventory records for office supplies (stationery, cleaning and kitchen supplies, etc.) and promptly advise SC department of restocking needs, Oversee kitchen activities.
• Perform all other ad-hoc duties, as and when assigned by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: administrative manager
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Support Service Coordinator
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|