Reporting to the Manager, Library Services, this position is accountable for delivery of a wide range of general administrative support to Library Services, which include the Library, Archives and Learning Commons, in all matters pertaining to the Library’s operations. The department’s mission includes providing access to quality services; developing library collections that support and complement the curriculum; establishing library environments in which users can effectively engage in individual research and study; and empowering students with the knowledge and skills necessary for independent lifelong learning. This position maintains all administrative records and assets of Library Services and assists the Manager in coordinating events such as training, workshops, meetings, committees, and partnerships with other College departments.
General Areas of Accountability
To assist the Manager, Library Services during normal business operations by providing information necessary for planning, advising, analyzing, implementing and reporting.
To perform receptionist duties by assisting visitors and callers with information and directions, arranging appointments with the Manager, Library Services, and informing users how to book appointments with Learning Commons’ partners.
To provide information and support to Library Services staff in areas such as usage statistics, budgets, supply and resource requisitions, office equipment.
To maintain an effective records management system for all Library Services Administrative files with the support of staff in other functional areas.
To assist the Manager, Library Services in preparing and proofreading marketing and policy documents.
To manage the procurement of materials and supplies for Library Services.
To oversee the maintenance of clean and tidy appearance of the reception area and the general Learning Commons space.
General Administrative Duties:
1. Maintains petty cash, PeopleSoft, and cheque requisitions. Monitors Library Services Budget.
2. Manages Library Services staff attendance and overtime forms. Submits these in timely fashion.
3. Formats and proofreads correspondence, reports, manuscripts, travel claims, and other documents. Assembles attachments and corresponding material. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
4. Answers and screens telephone calls. Answers routine mail and emails.
5. Assists with maintenance of the office printers, photocopiers, scanners, etc.
Library Services Support:
1. Liaises with Manager, Library Services and Library Technician(s) to inform and coordinate activities of support staff.
2. Serves as a source of information for staff on policies, procedures, programs, schedules, and office activities.
3. Determines administrative, facility, and equipment needs for meetings and events coordinated through Library Services.
4. Provides editorial support for College publications, bulletins, and marketing materials generated by Library Services.
5. Proofreads and edits publication materials for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
6. Assists the Manager, Library Services in scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, conference calls and appointments.
7. Takes minutes at regular Library Services staff meetings.
8. Assists Library Technician(s) in maintaining procedures manuals for attendance, requisitions, and other administrative functions.
9. Assists Library Services with creation and maintenance of physical and electronic records.
10. Assists the Manager, Library Services with the scheduling of training for staff members and associated travel arrangements.
11. Performs additional related duties as assigned by the Manager, Library Services.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|