The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial duties and provides support to the Head of Department in Information Management
Standard function description:
• Drafts and finalizes correspondence, bordereaux, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents; and shares information among users.
• Prepares for meetings by setting up rooms and materials, including technical set-up for conference calls, presentations and video conferences.
• Carries out secretarial tasks such as making photocopies, destroying documents and managing stationary stocks.
• Supports and help the management team to ensure a coordinated and consistent workflow.
• Supports the Head of Department in implementing ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving.
• Supports the Head of Department to ensure that all users understand the need and apply ICRC related tools, policy and procedures.
• Provides support for needed ICRC Information Management ________________________________________
• Supports the Reception during the absence of the main Receptionist and be ready to replace her/him when needed.
• Receives and distributes external and internal mail on daily basis; coordinates with the dispatch office for driver's requests to distribute mail.
• Scans all incoming / outgoing paper correspondence for management upon request, and keeps a record of all scanned documents per filing procedures.
• Assists in finalizing English and Arabic correspondence for ICRC departments when needed.
• Ensures the Head of Delegation / Deputies sign documents
• Be sure documents are distributed to the concerned related bodies
• Prepares briefing programs for new ICRC colleagues and visitors for Amman delegation upon request, and ensures proper follow up.
• Prepares debriefing programs with Management for End of Mission for ICRC colleagues and ensures proper follow up.
• Receives and prepares diplomatic pouches on scheduled basis.
• Prepares the OSCAR request (SR) for the business cards upon requests.
• Attends internal coordination meetings and prepare MoMs; tracks and follows-up the deadlines involved upon request.
• Receives or supervises the reception of visitors having appointments with the management upon request.
• Prepares for meetings by arranging logistics, setting up rooms and materials, including technical set-up for conference calls, presentations and video conferences.
Information Management Duties:
• Provides support to the Delegation in organizing the delegation’s paper archives as per procedures.
• Updates general information in the Teamspace (TS), Databases and other reference tools.
• Ensures proper protection/use/storage of sensitive office supplies (ICRC stamps, seals, letterhead stationery, etc.)
• Provides basic Information Management trainings and briefings to the users in the Delegation.
• Ensures that the internal and external contacts are update regularly.
• Regularly and timely updates the distribution groups and shares them with all concerned.
• Ensures that all electronic documents sent to the delegation Teambox shared properly with the staff members concerned as per procedures.
• In the absence of the Head of Department, Changes the NAS (back up) as per assigned schedule.
• Informs the Head of Department of pending tasks that require attention while absent.
Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
Apply the security rules at all times
Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|