• Performs varied administrative and general office duties for an academic or administrative department.
• Organizes and expedites flow of work through supervisor's office and/or administrative department. Initiates follow-up action.
• Serves as resource to others on departmental and university procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues.
• Interacts with university offices and/or supervisor's subordinates to facilitate communications and information exchange.
• Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials.
• Reviews and signs, as authorized.
• Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
• Coordinates department public relations functions, as assigned, such as special events, conferences, seminars, etc.
• Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc.
• Coordinates production and/or distribution of promotional materials.
• Assists in contracts and grants administration. Monitors budgets, prepares and submits reports.
• Interacts with university contract administrators and funding agency officers to provide information, resolve problems and coordinate on-site visits.
• Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
• Maintains and modifies the school's or department's website including content, graphical and multimedia displays and communications.
• Gathers feedback for website improvement and enhancement. Tests, maintains and ensures functionality of links.
• Monitors website for consistency, cross-referencing and compliance with university standards for website content and development.
• Assists in budget preparation by gathering historical data in a limited area, such as materials and supplies or salaries.
• Tracks and monitors assigned budget expenditures and/or special actions and reports on variances.
• Provides projections, as requested.
• Screens and prioritizes incoming calls, determining what contact or action is required for satisfactory disposition.
• Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
• Maintains unit or departmental database and related records. Enters and/or verifies database transactions.
• Provides technical support and design of enhancements.
• Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases.
• Provides guidance and direction to staff and/or student workers, as assigned. Schedules, assigns or prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Administration; Customer Service; Secretarial|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|