The Advocacy, Media and Communication Director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the company. The Advocacy , Media and Communication Director in his/her capacity is responsible for providing leadership to ensure excellence in our public and private facing advocacy, media and communications on the humanitarian situation in Jordan as well as our longer term development work.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to:
• Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with company’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the programme. Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our full spectrum values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for other Members and donors
• Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to programme needs
• Ensure strong linkages between Advocacy and Programs so that advocacy is evidence based and program driven and that programs are enhanced through advocacy.
• Comply with and promote company policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Develop and ensure implementation of company Jordan’s advocacy strategy, in coordination with the program directors, and programs team, the board of directors, the regional office and the Humanitarian Advocacy Working Group (HAWG).
• Liaise with key UN, NGO and other interlocutors in the region to ensure company has up to date information on the humanitarian situation and response in the country.
Situation and advocacy analysis
• Working closely with programs, provide situational analysis on children within the development & humanitarian contexts, the national policy responses and policy frameworks, as well as other factors such as UN coordination, funding for the response, security and current and future challenges that have an impact on children and their access to assistance, health, education and protection services.
• Define key advocacy opportunities and targets at national and regional levels, and mobilize national advocacy support for these.
Producing advocacy products
• Draft and otherwise support the production of advocacy products as outlined in the advocacy strategy for use at the national, and if needed the regional level.
• Ensure that all advocacy messages, documents and strategies are evidence-based, drawn from field experience and assessments, of high quality and effective, and are approved by the CEO, while sharing with the Regional Advocacy Director and the HAWG. When necessary ensure advocacy products are signed-off according to the company sign-off procedures.
Representation and coordination
• Support the CEO in advocacy work towards key UN agencies, donors and other NGOs, as well as media.
• Participate in the Jordan INGO Forum and lead company response on advocacy, media and communications initiatives within that group
• Ensure coordination of advocacy messages and activities between the member office and the regional and international levels.
• Ensure that Jordan situation reports contain information on advocacy activities and successes, from regional, capitals and global levels.
Media and Communications
• Proactively develop a high profile for the company on a national level through the production of high quality, well researched, and well written products (in a variety of mediums).
• Work with Regional Office Media Manager to identify potential media moments highlighting identified advocacy issues
• Act as spokesperson and facilitate media interviews for CEO or designate
• Responding quickly and appropriately to external requests for information
Internal communications and information-sharing
• Ensure and oversee a system of regular information dissemination support production of information documents and publications for the Jordan program and internal stakeholders
• Ensure and oversee ability to scale up the delivery of robust communications material if needed during emergencies per the agreed protocols and requests from other Members.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development – Media, Communications and Advocacy
• Ensure appropriate staffing and that all staff understand and are able to perform their role
• Manage Media, Communications and Advocacy team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
• Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
• Manage the performance of all staff in the work area through:
• Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
• Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
• Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
• Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Marketing and PR|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|