Assets Clerk – Inventory – College of the North Atlantic – Qatar
Accountable for maintaining the campus’ inventory system by receiving property items, assigning property numbers, assigning to the designated person/area, maintaining associated property records in the campus’ fixed asset management system, participating in scheduled inventories.
Work closely with Fixed Asset Accounting Clerk and Asset Management Clerk in tracking, controlling and disposing of the campus’ fixed assets in a manner that safeguards and allows for sound management of the public's asset investment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Affixes inventory tags to designated assets and equipment. Replaces damaged asset tags.
• Adds controlled and capitalized assets to the fixed asset database in PeopleSoft and FAMIS. Enters straightforward information (i.e., asset number, class code, acquisition date, simple description and historical cost). May enter additional information as required.
• Adheres to guidelines for acquisition, maintenance, retention and disposition of fixed assets and associated records.
• Maintains perpetual inventory records by gathering inventory data, completing required forms/logs and entering, deleting and correcting inventory. May maintain pending fixed asset files.
• Conducts the mid and annual assets physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and prepare reports as requested by Department Clerk;
• Performs field inventory by physically locating, identifying and counting assets. Enters manual counts and uploads bar code data from inventory results into the fixed asset management system.
• Builds exception file and prints report. Locates missing inventory, performs location transfers and reconciles exceptions. Prints inventory summary and status report. May assist in scheduled closing procedures.
• Arranges and completes physical transfer/disposal of surplus/obsolete items. Performs disposal transactions to remove assets from service. Records proceeds from sale/retirement of assets to allow calculation of gains/losses.
• Assists with handling surplus and storage areas of inventory section. Resolves minor inventory location/usage discrepancies. May prepare and submit reports regarding alleged theft, misuse of property or minor problems in property management.
• Conducts the mid and annual assets physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and update both in FAMIS and PeopleSoft
• Prepares and conducts quarterly verification exercise of inventory of materials and stocks, and update both in FAMIS and PeopleSoft
• Covers for Asset Management Clerk during their leave period and/or when needed;
• Perform any other related tasks as required/assigned.
||Education, Training, and Library
||High school or equivalent
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Assets Clerk – Inventory – College of the North Atlantic – Qatar بكل سهولة الان مجانا.