Assistant General Counsel – Qatar Foundation
Department: Office of the General Counsel
Reports to: Deputy General Counsel
The Assistant General Counsel assists in protecting the organization’s legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Provides hands-on counsel to all levels of executive staff in centers and departments and supervises a team within the office. Responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance. Must be a graduate of an accredited law school with at least 7 years of experience as an attorney. Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others and acts a mentor to and trainer of Legal Counsel and Senior Legal Counsel. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Key Result Areas
– Work under the Deputy General Counsel as team leader.
– Draft, review and assist in negotiating contracts to serve the best interests of QF and ensure enforceability of contracts.
– Guide the legal registration process for new institutions associated with QF to efficiently incorporate new centers/subsidiaries, with the assistance of outside counsel as necessary.
– Advise on QF’s compliance with Qatari Law and any other applicable law to mitigate any risk of legal action against the Foundation.
– Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents for reference and citation in the course of executing legal functions.
– Select manage, and coordinate with QF external legal counsel to resolve legal issues and assure the rights and interests of the Foundation.
– Supervise the paralegals and guide other junior legal personnel to ensure effective support for the Office.
– Understands teaching, learning and research, and seeks to provide guidance to more junior staff on research methodology and presentation of result.
– Other duties as assigned by the CEO, General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
– The incumbent needs to strictly observe confidentiality obligations consistent with QF Policies as well as professional obligations. All applicable laws by the State of Qatar with regards to solicitors’ conduct, code of practice as well as QF Policies & Procedures guide the incumbent’s day-to-day activities.
Communications and Working Relationships:
– General Counsel- Keep apprised of significant matters and ensure the accurate flow of relevant information to allow GC to perform required duties.
– Deputy General Counsel – work update and status.
– QF Senior management – on specific legal matters being conducted on their behalf.
– Ministries – consultation and approval of various legal issues.
– External Legal Counsels/Lawyers – management of their activities on behalf of QF.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
– Evaluates, compares and relates information from across the business
– Identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organization
– Uses own experience and evidence from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations
– Reviews existing policy to enable effective problem solving and judgment by the team
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
– Exhibits sound judgment to anticipate potential implications of all decisions; balances benefits and risks and identifies areas of uncertainty
– Evaluates information by penetrating questions, thus ensuring complete information is available to make an informed decision
– Arrives at well-researched decisions that balance quality service and cost
– Encourages and supports appropriate risk-taking by subordinates when making decisions
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Assistant General Counsel – Qatar Foundation بكل سهولة الان مجانا.