Budget & Reporting Officer – IRC International Rescue committee
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
The IRC Syria program was established in 2007 and is currently operating programs in Jordan and southern Syria with an annual budget of $36 million; approximately $25 million is for southern Syria. The IRC is currently providing humanitarian assistance in southern Syria in the sectors of protection, health and economic recovery and development through partnerships with Syrian NGOs and provision of life-saving relief items.
This position will be based in Amman and will assist the focal person for the IRC Syria’s Budget and Grants Management function. This requires a motivated, flexible, problem-solving team-player with excellent analytical, communication skills and the ability to priorities activities and work to tight deadlines.
The Budget & Reporting Officer assists the Budget & Reporting Manager by managing the day-to-day budget and grants management function. Under the guidance of the Budget & Reporting Manager, the Budget & Reporting Officer makes sure the budget and grants management issues are immediately attended and that the donor budgets are prepared in accordance to IRC and donor requirements and are submitted on time. In addition, he/she will ensure that grants are fully implemented in compliance to donor regulations and IRC requirements and donor reporting is on time. He or she will develop budget management tools and conduct training to improve efficiency and donor reporting and compliance.
Country Office Annual Operating Budget
• Under the supervision of the Budget & Reporting Manager, The Budget & Reporting Officer will assist in preparing the Fiscal year Budget following the IRC standard format to meet the required deadlines.
• Ensure regular update of the Fiscal year budget that will serve as a guide for all new donor proposals as well help in times of rapid growth, decline of program to inform timely management decisions.
• Provide recommendations for funding shortfall or coverage for each component of the fiscal year budget.
New proposal Development
• The Budget & Reporting Officer will assist the Budget & Reporting Manager for new budget preparations.
• Under the guidance of the Budget & Reporting Manager, conduct a thorough preparation of new budgets and existing grant budget revisions ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to correct use of the IRC and donor budget formats.
• Work with the Budget & Reporting Manager for monthly Shared Program cost Allocation.
• Calculate and Insert the correct SPC for all new grants budgets.
Grant Management & Reporting
• Prepare the monthly Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports and distribute on time.
• Review the budget spending and advice relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
• Prepare and update spending plan for all active grants in conjunction with the appropriate budget holders.
• Review and update the commitments lists from SC, Admin& HR to be included in monthly BvA’s.
• Participate in the monthly Grant review meetings and present the spending status. Follow up on the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
• Attend and provide support in all grant opening, review and closing meetings.
• Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program managers for all questions regarding the BVAs.
• In compliance with donor requirements propose and prepare adjustments entries, attaching all supporting documents for finance records and posting into SUN system.
• Prepare the new budget line coding (T2 codes) for each new grant and update in SUN system.
• Assist in preparing Donor Financial reports for all grants for review by the Finance Controller. Make sure the reports are in compliance to donor reporting formats and timely submitted as per contractual requirements.
• Provide Technical assistance when required to other IRC Country offices
• Update the staff salary mapping, follow up on SPCA table update and propose to FC for review and further approval
• Provide update on grant spending status to FC.
• Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs. actual spending.
• Provide detailed analysis and tables for long term allocation
• Review PRs and advise charge codes.
• have a regular, head-to-head meetings with Program Managers to make sure they fully understand the budget and that proper action are been taken)
• Assist The Budget & Reporting Manager in conducting regular training sessions in Amman and other IRC field offices on Budget Management and donor regulations to Program, Operations and Finance staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Budget and Reporting Manager
Position directly supervises: –
Indirect Reporting: –
The Budget & Reporting Manager, Finance Controller, Grants Department, as well other Finance, Program and support unit staff.
External to the Country Office: The Sr. Regional Controller, UK Office, IRC’s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Syria office.
||Accounting and Auditing
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Budget & Reporting Officer – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.