BACKGROUND TO IRC:
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC's assistance program for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians includes both camp-based (Zaatari, Azraq) and urban-based refugee assistance (Mafraq, Ramtha, Irbid). The IRC's assistance programs focus on supporting health, ensuring child protection, addressing gender-based violence (GBV) and fostering economic recovery and development (ERD).
The ERD program works to stabilize household economies through protection cash and financial management trainings, focusing on women who are at risk of gender-based violence (GBV). The program also builds youth capacity to engage in productive and income generating activities, by strengthening their employability and financial management skills. Also the program work in business development for (Micro and small Businesses) by offering business services such as follow-up, Mentoring, technical support and specialized training.
SCOPE OF WORK The Business Development Assistant will support the Business Development component activities during a one year period at our centers in Mafraq, Ramtha, Irbid and Amman including data gathering and management, monitoring and evaluation activities, businesses Follow-up and support Mentors of the component in their activities.
• Facilitate the recruitment of Mentors by acting as the point person for information on referrals (internal and external), phone interviews and assist in the competency and technical interviews.
• Provide support during the Mentors training and orientation, including arrange the training schedule, prepare the needed materials and handouts, co-facilitate Mentorship training and other duties during the training.
• Support the data management process throughout Mentorship training, Mentorship implementation, Mentors activities, including recording attendance of Mentors and Mentees, Mentorship handouts, and other information as needed on a weekly basis, while ensuring accuracy of numerical and qualitative data and fixing inaccuracies as they arise.
• Build Mentors capacity to conduct M&E activities, oversee the implementation of surveys and report any quality issues to relevant staff, and work closely with the Data Management Officer.
• Support in the businesses follow-up, including, arranging the visits schedule, calling beneficiaries for visits, conduct business visits (Home visits or Market visits) with the Mentors and the Senior Business Development Officer, and participating in data collection.
• Coordinate logistics during the Graduation of Mentors and Mentees, including, prepare the needed documents, and facilitate the event collecting the final feedback, suggestions, or concerns from Mentors and Mentees.
• Conduct the business site follow up (interview, surveys).
• Maintain the archive system (hard and soft), filing and scanning all program supporting documents in the field offices as per provided guidelines.
• Flag any missing information/documents or errors and proactively follow up to retrieve this information.
• Any other tasks will be assigned by the supervisor.
• Participate in regular team meetings and supervision sessions.
• Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks and ideas.
• Coordinate transportation plans with the operations team as needed.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|