MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for elevating our brand and creating new business opportunities for our training product and service offerings.
Reporting into the Regional Sales & Marketing Director, the Business Development Manager and will serve as the 'face' of the business when engaging with key stakeholders and potential customers. They will take the lead in the strategic development of business opportunities that support Rapid Access’ overall growth strategy across the above product and service offerings.
The role holder will also work with the Marketing and Sales team in the generation and management of a sustainable pipeline of work that reflects our current and anticipated business strategy.
Using a consultative sale methodology, the Business Development Manager’s strategy will include the proactive targeting of key market sectors, customers and project pursuits as well as the engagement with current and potential customers to present our value propositions so long-term revenue growth is achieved.
The Business Development Manager will also act as a strong change agent as a major challenge of this role will be to challenge the status quo and influence potential customers to adapt their current working at height methods in response to the value propositions presented.
This is a highly visible role that is critical to the continued growth of Rapid Access.
Development of the Business Development Strategy
- Provide strategic planning input into the business development plan to identify opportunities for new market and customer penetration. Identify realisable revenue streams in each sector and forecast anticipated profit margins
- Prepare comprehensive market and competitive analysis of the potential for training project delivery sales
- Actively research, identify, develop and track project opportunities in defined target market sectors
- Maintain business intelligence and competitor analysis to ensure competitive advantage through differentiation and knowledge management
- Develop innovative business development propositions through effective collaboration with the marketing, sales, hire desk and engineering teams
Implementation of the Business Development Strategy
- Achieve retention, growth and profitability goals through professional, consultative and proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers
- Analyse opportunities to increase sales and expand the scope of the work undertaken by identifying customer needs within their wider organisation. Developing and delivering solutions to meet these needs
- Work with and leverage the technical skill sets and capabilities of the various Rapid Access departments for use in new business opportunities
- Utilise marketing initiatives in line with the business development plan to increase the awareness of the Rapid Access training offering
- Develop and maintain a robust sales pipeline towards targeted sectors to continuously grow the business and generate sales
- Develop new business opportunities with potential customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions
- Assist with the bid process by responding to RFPs and delivering high quality, viable bids and proposals that result in revenue generation against agreed targets
- Work with the wider Rapid Access team e.g. Engineering, Marketing, Training and Health & Safety to prepare sales presentations. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs and sales techniques needed to close the sale
- Prepare and present persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of the Rapid Access training offerings
- Maintain high visibility within the customer organisation. Monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication
- Internal and External Stakeholder Industry Relationships
- Develop, implement and deliver a multifaceted stakeholder relations strategy with the aim of constructively influencing all parties having a current or potential vested interest in the powered access industry
- Map all influencing end-user and non-end user stakeholders such as policy makers, clients, budget holders, principal contractors, subcontractors, professional bodies and environmental groups
- Analyse stakeholder mapping information to identify and understand the levels of influence of potential champions and industry partners. Identify ways to directly contact and communicate with these stakeholders
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key contacts and industry partners. Understand their challenges and expectations and the information gathered to successfully get their support in the integration of the Rapid Access suite of products into existing or planned projects
- Keep up to date with all safety and training legislation and other external factors that may affect the Rapid Access business
- Maintain a high level of awareness about regional industry activities, economic trends, and competitive pressures
- Participate in industry events, tradeshows, and associations to enhance our reputation
- Attend networking events and speak at conferences to raise awareness of Rapid Access
- Coordinate and act as an implementation lead before account handover to the key account team
- Ensure strong internal communications and work with the sales team to assist them in understanding the market
- Provide input into training efforts for the Rapid Access key accounts team
Reporting and Analysis
- Track business development efficiency in each of the current and anticipated market sectors
- Prepare and present business reviews and to the senior management team on a regular basis
- Provide feedback to the senior management team on required resources necessary to achieve current and future growth plans
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Monthly Salary:||US $7,000|