To lead and facilitate the establishment of MMSEs with the potential to generate sustainable income on governorate level, through identification of current and new markets or through bridging gaps in existing value chains, that includes identifying sectors with growth potential in the local economy along and creating job opportunities and provide the needed support to their establishment.
• Develops strategy to engage local communities’ participation in supporting MSEs to generate quality inputs, outputs and competitive market pricing through the implementation of sectors analysis on governorate level, value chains analysis, and visibility studies of micro and small business opportunities;
• Develops and leads an adaptive and iterative strategy to market systems development and MSEs creation, based on strong and regular evidence and data collection and analysis;
• Leads the design and implementation of the business enabling component of JRF’s projects targeting sustainable increase of household income through identifying target value chains, MSEs opportunities in governorate levels, and designing appropriate interventions;
• Builds strategic national level partnerships with existing business incubators, investment opportunities, and accelerators; Analyses the constraints and opportunities related to MSEs investment options with emphasis on the functionality of markets, support services, trade policies, , risk management systems and local communities engagement;
• Assists the Entrepreneurs to easy and quick access the market information, and develop sustainable Business model through outlining potential end markets, expected benefits and risks, providing the opportunities and setting the parameters for economic growth, Identifying and improving synergy among existing projects and activities;
• Develops value chain governance, including structure and dynamics of the selected value chain, that determines included parties behaviour and their effect on the functioning of the chain; Identifies the factors that determine micro and small businesses ability to grow, along with the characteristics of value chains, to specific individual and business-level characteristic;
• Identifies target points of leverage that have a multiplier effect on interventions in order to maximize impact and outreach, including economic and social structures, commercial incentives and social norms and incentives;
• Manages the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and final reports, project success stories and other projects materials and deliverables;
• Analyses labour, unemployment, wages, and gender data to produce a comprehensive understanding of labour market dynamics and trends; Assesses the capability of small businesses in delivering a better business environment and in increasing the productivity of SMEs;
• Ensures continuous improvement of selected value chain, upgrading and adapting to changes in end markets, in the enabling environment or within the chain to remain competitive.
• Monitors project’s outcomes and ensures that all target levels and deliverables are met; provides strategic vision and oversight to program activities;
• Advices entrepreneurs on best business opportunities, and identifies obstacles related to transaction costs, operations management, and regulations;
• Contributes to the identification and dissemination of lessons learned from programme activities, including writing case studies, reports and other knowledge products as required.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|