Syria Essential Services II (SES-II) is a USAID-funded stabilization program operating in opposition-controlled parts of Syria. The program works with local councils and other governance structures to provide essential services and livelihoods support. It also builds the capacity of governance structures and civil society organizations.
SES-II has now launched a program in which it builds the capacity of Local Councils and Civil Society Organizations in Syria with respect to Finance and Administration. SES-II is seeking a member of staff to assist this effort.
Scope of Work:
This is a senior technical position. The Capacity Development Specialist will be the senior member of the capacity development team, reporting directly to the Director of Governance. The Capacity Development Specialist will assist the director in the leadership and management of the capacity development team, and will coordinate implementation of the capacity development work on a day-to-day basis.
This position is based full time in Amman, Jordan.
The position is a remote management position: The Capacity Development Specialist will be required to work with staff and stakeholders inside Syria in order to carry out his or her work.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Train of SES II staff in the process for assessing the finance and administration capacity of Local Councils and Civil Society Organizations
• Review completed capacity assessments to ensure accuracy and completeness, and identify areas where additional data collection is needed
• Ensure that completed capacity assessments are fully and accurately documented, and uploaded to CMORE or any other systems used by SES II.
• Design action plans for improving finance and administration capacity.
• Coordinate the development of projects and grants to fund the implementation of capacity development action plans
• Review of new guidelines, procedures and forms developed by Local Councils and Civil Society Organizations, related to finance and administration
• Track and follow-up of approved capacity development grants and action plans
• Support the Local Councils and Civil Society Organizations in designing and applying tools to track project implementation
• Assist the Director in the periodic review and improvement of the capacity development framework
• Support the design of capacity development efforts that are contracted out to third parties
• Coordinate the delivery of capacity development efforts provided by third parties
• Carry out other activities related to developing capacity of Local Councils and CSOs
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|