Background/IRC Summary: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community the IRC has been providing assistance from Jordan to vulnerable peoples living in southern Syria. Inside Syria, 6.5 people are internally displaced and 9.3 million are in need of humanitarian assistance; the region is hosting over 4.8 million refugees. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $125 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,100 staff in the region, the IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, distribution of food and core relief items, cash assistance, and economic recovery. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The IRC’s Cash for Work (CfW) programming aims to improve the purchasing power of beneficiaries in the short term by providing temporary income as compensation for labor, while producing public services and improving public assets and resources to the advantage of the community. In turn, by increasing beneficiaries’ purchasing power, CfW projects inject cash into the economy and stimulate local businesses. The local procurement of raw materials, equipment and machinery employed in the works can be a further boost to local businesses.
Job Overview/Summary: The Cross-border (XB) Cash for Work (CfW) Assistant will work closely with the Senior CFW XB Officer to implement cash for work activities in Syria. This will include having direct contact with the field staff and following up, obtain and checking the quality of all required documentation and engaging with the field staff to obtain the required information and ensuring the triangulate sources of any obtained information. Also, CFW Assistant will work on building the capacity of the CFW staff in Syria. This position reports directly to the Senior CFW Officer.
The CFW Assistant should be committed to supporting the implementation and monitoring of the ERD cross-border program, and will be expected to feed into program design, implementation, course correction, learning and evaluation.
• Under the guidance of the Senior CFW Officer, guide and coordinate with the CFW staff inside Syria to conduct the designed assessments that are needed to ensure design of cash for work programming is technically strong, relevant and appropriate to communities, and achieves programmatic objectives for basic needs and reduction of negative coping strategies outcomes.
• Following up with Field team inside Syria to ensure that IRC community engagement approach is implemented in place.
• Meaningfully input into program design with learning from field and contextual understanding.
• Input into process of beneficiary targeting and selection based on the lesson learns.
Program Implementation and Support
• Preparing Engagements letters and Amendment for CFW participants, using IRC templates.
• Review CFW participants’ daily attendance on daily basis and ensure that all needed information and signature in place.
• Drafting a weekly report on conducted activities by CFW participants and highlighting any deviation to the plan.
• Drafting the certificate of completion to the CFW participants on monthly basis.
• Keep tracking, and taking notes for all meetings with CFW staff inside Syria.
• Keep tracking, and taking notes for all meetings with community members, including oversight committee meeting, local council and Key informant people.
• Facilitate and orient CFW staff inside Syria for any Focus Group Discussion that needs to be conducted and report the finding to the Senior CFW officer.
• Report on issues encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference and security threats to staff and activities, and make actionable recommendations
• Coordinate with Senior CFW Officer on any threats to staff and activities; follow up on incidents/security threats in areas of operation.
• Maintain all documentation relating directly to CfW activities required to ensure accountability to the donor, particularly where labor is concerned, such as attendance sheets, and CfW agreements, per activity guidelines.
• Reporting administrative matters relating directly to CfW activities: attendance sheets, payment schedules, and required paper-work to Senior CFW Officer.
• Under the guidance of the Senior CFW officer, coordinate with communities and implement communications and community engagement strategies;
• Under the guidance of the Senior CFW officer, coordinate with the main CFW actors at the targeted areas to avoid any overlapping.
• Coordinate with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s field staff; maintain respectful and constructive relations with staff.
Analysis and project improvement
• Feed up the monitoring approaches and outputs of cash for work activities for improvement purpose.
• Feed up learning from program activities and make recommendations for program improvements.
• Provide information on CfW activities as requested by Senior CFW Officer/ Cash and Basic Needs Coordinator.
• Participate and contribute to regular team, both Cross-border and ERD meetings.
• Any other task designated by the Senior CFW Officer, such as participating in start up of new activities.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior CFW Officer
Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: M&E Manager, ERD Assistants, CFW Officer, Cash and Basic Needs Manager, Cash and Basic Needs Coordinator, ERD officer, and Senior ERD Coordinator
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
التقدم للوظيفة الان