The Chief Strategy Officer serves a critical role in the executive management team. In collaboration with the CEO, the CSO will articulate and implement a strategic vision for the organization that focuses on effective growth, oversee implementation of the strategic plan, build new partnerships to grow and sustain the organization, and manage special pilot projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Management Team to articulate and develop MWG’s strategic objectives.
- Lead review and formulation of business strategies, vision, mission, and core values.
- Implement annual strategic plans and objectives approved by the Board / CEO.
- Oversee and grow the communication efforts of MWG through marketing and public relations.
- Assist the CEO in developing relationships and partnerships in local, regional, and foreign markets.
- Identify opportunities for growth, incubate new ventures via pilot projects, and lead and support the organic growth of the organization.
- Oversee special pilot projects through identifying resources required to start the project, coordinating internal stakeholders, and working closely with MWG staff to set, track and achieve goals.
- Coordinate with the PMO Manager to develop project plans for special projects and monitor the projects’ progress.
- Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively towards the organization’s vision and goals by clearly communicating the vision, implementing yearly staff development plans, and mentoring.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Play an active role in strengthening and maintaining the management and governance culture and practices that reflects the organization’s core values.
- Facilitate the business planning cycle within the organization and define frameworks for performance evaluation.
- Lead and support the performance, productivity, market expansion, and restructuring of projects.
- Review and approve annual reports and long/short-term plans.
- Review and approve the Strategy Team’s budgets, plans, and targets to achieve short term and long term objectives.
- Allocate resources in an optimal and efficient manner for maximum profitability and return.
- Provide inputs in establishing policies and procedures and ensures the adherence to the company policies.
- Enforce ethical standards and better practices to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Review and report progress of projects to the CEO on a periodic basis.
- Facilitates the communication among departments / functions within the Strategy Team to ensure productivity.
- Monitors and ensures achieving targets on a monthly and annual basis.
- Ensures maintenance of highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in provision of the services.
Recruitment and Performance Management
- Monitors and performs annual performance review for Strategy Division’s HODs.
- Identifies the training needs of the division’s HODs, if needed.
- Reviews and approves the Division’s manpower requirements with the respective HODs.
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration.
- 10 + years of previous business development / market research experience, with a minimum of 6 years similar experience to the responsibilities outlined above.
In case the required years of experience were not met, candidates with exceptional skills may be considered for the position.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|