The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC's assistance programs for Syrian refugees in Jordan include both camp-based (Zaatari, and Azraq camps) and urban-based refugee assistance (Mafraq, Ramtha, Irbid). Our current child protection activities are exclusively camp-based with a focus on unaccompanied and separated children in Azraq Camp
The Child Protection Team Leader will play a significant role in ensuring that practical care support and supervision for UAC children and adolescents hosted in IRC Reception Area in Azraq Camp in accordance with IRC policies, tools and procedures
The Child Protection Team Leader will work under the supervision of the Senior Operations Officer to provide support to a team of Para Case Workers during B and C Shifts.
1. Supervise and provide support to the team of Para Case Workers Shift B/C
2. Provide daily guidance and supervision in ensuring the safety and security of UASC hosted in IRC Reception Area, Azraq Camp, in accordance with IRC’s security procedures and policies
3. Responsible for handling all logistics and daily arrangements including the facilitation and performing of daily care routines/chores and thorough upkeep of IRC Reception Area
4. Provide support and coordinate individual daily care plans for UASC children and adolescent hosted inside the Reception Area.
5. Coordinate and facilitate the involvement of UASC in IRC approved information, community-based educational, social, health, recreational programs/activities
6. Directly work with Senior Child Protection Officer in ensuring the delivery of UAC case-plans to UASC
Staff Supervision & Development
• Directly supervises Para-case Workers Shift B/C in Reception Area.
• Responsible for ensuring that Shift B/C Para-Caseworkers have a clear description of roles and responsibilities and that they perform their duties.
• Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promote a strong team spirit and provide oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
• Ensure the team is trained and seek development opportunities.
• Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
• Assist with the recruitment of Para-case Workers, in coordination with the Senior Operations Officer.
• Ensure regular performance monitoring of B/C Volunteers to achieve the set case planning objectives.
• Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Child Protection Officer will provide continuous support to Senior Operations Officer, including but not limited to:
• Prepare the monthly schedule for the Para-case Workers and volunteers
• Prepare the weekly plan for duty case workers.
• Act as the reception area focal point, when needed, during B/C shifts.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Operations Officer .
Position directly supervises: 6-8 Para-case Workers.
Indirect Reporting: Child Protection Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Child Protection Coordinator
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|