The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan. IRC’s programs in Jordan focuses on urban interventions in the north that address gender-based violence specifically violence against women and girls for Syrian refugees and host community members as well as reproductive health care to Syrian refugees through two clinics based in Ramtha and Mafraq and a primary health care facility in Zaatari refugee camp. Since January 2013, IRC also carries out Child Protection programs in Syrian refugee camps, providing specialized services for the identification, support and protection of unaccompanied children (UAC) and other children at risk.
The cleaner is responsible for ensuring that the IRC facilities is clean and tidy of IRC staff, ensuring that IRC spaces are appropriately organized; and providing support to logistics functions that the staff need. The cleaner reports to the senior program officer.
The Cleaner will undertake the following tasks:
• Ensure that all offices and the kitchen and bathrooms are clean, tidy, and in order.
• Empty and clean rubbish bins on a daily basis and deposit rubbish in designated areas.
• Responsible for all the materials in the kitchen, i.e.: tea, sugar, Nescafe, milk..etc., as well as the cleaning materials.
• Provides supervisor with the required stuff need for the kitchen and the whole office on monthly basis.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Positive attitudes and behaviors:
• A positive attitude towards staff.
• Honesty, integrity and personal ethics.
• Initiative, high energy and persistence to get the job done.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Health Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Operation Department
Other Internal and/or external contacts: N/A
|Job Location:||Irbid, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Fresh Graduate|
|Degree:||High school or equivalent|