Clinical Pharmacist – Black Pearl Consult
A well-known medical facility is currently looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to be based in Dubai. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• To provide and develop a Clinical Pharmacy service to a variety of Medical and Surgical Specialities. Participate in consultant ward rounds, where feasible, providing clinical and financial advice as appropriate.
• Adhere to the Clinical Pharmacy Services Standards as determined by the clinical strategy and participate in Directorate MDT meetings.
• To act as a source of specialist advice and information and support Medicines Information for inpatient specialities.
• To work with the multidisciplinary team and educate patients / nursing staff about prescribed medication regimes (inpatient and discharge) with the aim of improving compliance.
• To achieve medicines reconciliation processes and enhance patient safety at ward level.
• To co-ordinate and monitor the provision of neonatal, paediatric and adult TPN as required.
• To contribute to the clinical focus of the department and participate in ward rounds, clinical hand-over and promote the role of the Pharmacist as an integral part of the hospital multi-disciplinary clinical team.
• To identify prescriptions that might present risks to patients and to resolve relevant issues before dispensing.
• To recognise and discern prescribing or administration errors, assessing potential risk & strategies to manage this risk. Making clinical interventions by challenging other professionals in their prescribing or administration practices and to ensure accurate records are kept.
• In the absence of other pharmacists provide a high level of pharmaceutical care on a variety of wards, as required.
• To liaise with nursing and medical staff to ensure that the clinical service reflects the needs of all users of the pharmacy service.
• To ensure that the pharmacy service is focused on the needs of the patients
• To ensure the appropriate use of the Bupa Cromwell Hospital antibiotic policy and other hospital medicine- related policies and audit compliance.
• To ensure that the Inpatient Clinical Pharmacy service is patient focused, responsive and appropriate and that the professional image of the department is upheld at all times.
• To work in the Inpatient pharmacy, undertaking responsibilities required of a dispensary pharmacist, including ensuring that medicines are dispensed in a legal, efficient and accurate way and that the appropriate clinical and other checks have been carried out.
• To ensure patients are given appropriate counselling and information regarding their medicines.
• To counsel patients on the use of their medicines and to counterprescribe suitable medicines if necessary
• To contribute to the co-ordination of the clinical services provided by the Pharmacy department as a whole and ensure medicines are issued and used in a safe and efficient manner and that protocols utilised are clinically based and patient focused
• To participate in near miss, intervention monitoring and Clinical Audit.
• To act as a mentor / tutor for cross sector pre-registration pharmacists and university placements as necessary.
||Dubai, United Arab Emirates
||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
||Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Clinical Pharmacist – Black Pearl Consult بكل سهولة الان مجانا.