Offers general consultations for people who are working or studying in the lab.
• Provides instruction to all lab users on proper use of all equipment.
• Consults supervisors on more difficult issues.
• Ensures that computer lab equipment is being cared for properly by users.
• Makes sure food and beverages are not consumed in close proximity to computers.
• Monitors files and programs that are downloaded on to the computers to make sure spyware, malware and other dangerous programs are not downloaded.
• Diagnoses hardware problems and fix them or contacts the appropriate engineer to correct the problem.
• Supplies reference materials to help users learn how to use particular programs.
• Conducts regular maintenance on the computers in the lab.
• Maintains inventory of supplies, places orders and records of maintenance activities.
• Performs regular software backups.
• Changes toner in printers adds paper and otherwise ensures proper functioning of all printers in the lab.
• Sets up and shuts down the lab according to work hours.
• Guides lab users to safety in the event of a fire or other emergency.
• Strong knowledge in lab management system like NetOp.
• Has a good knowledge of interactive whiteboard software and can support users with technical knowledge as required.
• Ensures Interactive whiteboards are regularly calibrated
• Works closely with academic programme leads to ensure appropriate software is procured, maintained, used and evalauted.
• Procures and maintains appropriate technical equipment such as control equipment, data logging, computer microscopes etc
• Stays abreast of developments in educational software and keeps subject leaders informed of innovations.
• Attends education for technology conferences as appropriate to keep abreast with developments in the field
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|