Context: Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. Action Against Hunger is looking for its program in Jordan for Construction and infrastructure Planner – WASH – IRBID.
Ensure construction and infrastructure activities of WASH projects are running smoothly.
- Mission 1: Ensure construction and infrastructure activities implementation in line with proposal and direction from Infrastructure supervisor.
– Collaboration with Infrastructure supervisor, Plan the construction and infrastructure activities according to the requirement of the project.
– Carry out daily field visits and site inspections to monitor quality and timely implementation of work progress.
– To follow up the activities in the sites with the contractors to be sure it is in the right way according to the agreed BoQs and specification.
– Prepare and follow up Daily report according to the executed activities. Also, help in preparing weekly and monthly reports.
– Supervise the work of the contractors and provide them with directions and instructions on regular basis.
– Help in preparing bid specifications and BoQs.
– Review technical drawings, schematics and diagrams and notify the Infrastructure supervisor when there are discrepancies between drawings and contractor scope of work.
– Monitor the progress of the construction and infrastructure activities and ensure it is implemented as per the specifications, within budget, plans, time schedules and quality standards.
– Keep updating and archiving the data progress in an organized way for future references and further analysis. Also, monitor the activities’ indicators.
– Ensure compliance with Action Against Hunger policies, SoPs and guidelines.
– Develop and ensure applying safety procedures and standards.
Mission 2: Regular check on materials delivered to site and prepare materials request
– Issue the daily material request to Logistics based on the planned activities.
– Analyze and Identify material needs, check materials delivered for quality and quantity perspectives and report it Infrastructure supervisor.
– Notify Infrastructure supervisor of all activities progress.
– Monthly check up for the inventory and track of available material.
– Control the usage of equipment and materials and the maintenance of the tools by the workers.
Mission 3: Update and generate AutoCAD Drawings
– Regularly update and monitor changes on Construction, Water network layouts and Grey water network layout and section when needed.
– Read drawings and be able to find discrepancies when exist.
Mission 4: Reporting, including Activity Progress, quality plan implementation, and filed updates and needs
– In line with the Infrastructure supervisorand once delegated write needed activity reports for the WASH PM
– Participate when requested in the drafting and analysis of monthly reports of related activity he/she is in charge.
– Keep monitoring, operating and maintaining files to ensure harmonization of the updated databases.
Mission 5 : Supervise and Manage the project’s team Activities:
– Supervise and train the team members;
– Ensure technical support to the team members in the implementation of the activities
– Participate in the recruitment process
– Organize the work of the team to optimize the capacity of each team member;
– Perform performance evaluation and appraisal of the team.
– Report training needs to the manager;
– Assist in the implementation of training sessions on the base ;
– Explain and ensure application of the Action Against Hunger WASH methodologies and quality standards.
– Follow up with daily workers once needed.
– Document volunteers’ names, duty, contact info, starting and ending date on excel file on regular bases when needed and applicable.
|Job Location:||Irbid, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Construction and Building|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|