The Job is based in Basra – Iraq
1. Assist the Project Manager and the planning engineer in the preparation of the project planning, review the work progress and time schedule of each section with the concerned section engineer and provide feedback to update the look ahead planning so that targets could be met.
2. Review and verify on drawings, specifications, method statements, material data sheets and project specific requirements/documentation, identify problematic design issues or other documentation discrepancies and make recommendations to ensure conformity and efficiency of on-site executed work.
3. Define and organize the project’s work fronts, prioritize on-site activities and direct the construction team to ensure the most cost-effective execution of construction works.
4. Set, monitor and adjust the productivity rate and operational targets, communicate them to section engineers and provide the necessary support and directions in order to maximize the project profitability.
5. Advice the Project Manager on the construction methodology and technical choices, and provide assistance and guidance to subordinates to ensure a proper execution of work.
6. Forecast the needed resources (people, materials, equipments, tools, etc…), ensure their timely provision on site and set a strategy for their proper allocation and management in a way to boost productivity while optimizing the related cost.
7. Supervise continuously the execution of work, cooperate properly with the quality team and the section engineers, review the QA/QC reports as well as the client/consultant’s observations, conduct regular meetings and lead the resolution of deficiencies with the concerned section engineer to ensure compliance of work with the relevant designs/specifications/standards and quality requirements.
8. Anticipate and solve critical problems, investigate damages/incidents/delays, organize mitigation plans to minimize the cost of any unforeseen disruption, ensure on-site business continuity and secure the overall project’s profitability.
9. Oversee the productivity and performance of resources (people, materials, equipments, tools, etc…), review progress reports and make appropriate adjustments to optimize the relevant results and achieve time and cost targets.
10. Monitor compliance with the project’s policies and procedures, organize the generation and dispatching of the needed reports/documents in order to ensure their accuracy and timely production/submission.
11. Provide leadership and commitment toward safety, oversee the proper running of on-site toolbox meetings and make sure safety requirements and regulations are well implemented at all levels to prevent incidents/ill health and safeguard people’s safety.
12. Liaise with the client/consultant and solve arising problems; oversee and manage the quantity, efficiency and conformity of the subcontractors’ work in order to ensure it is executed as agreed, and take all the necessary measures to develop and maintain a mutually beneficial partnership.
13. Organise a smooth demobilization plan at the end of each phase of the project in order to ensure an efficient use of resources (people, materials, equipments, tools, etc…).
14. Coach engineers at lower levels in order to integrate them in the work and train them to ensure their continuous skill level improvement.
|Job Location:||Basra, Iraq|