Consultancy services – Climate-Smart Agriculture – ACTED
Consultancy services in climate-smart agriculture, for the preparation of a training material package, based on My.COOP, adapted to the context of Jordanian agricultural cooperatives.
The project “Providing sustainable work opportunities to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians in the agricultural sector in northern Jordan” implemented by ACTED is funded by BPRM. It aims to contribute to the provision of inclusive and sustainable income-generating opportunities in conflict-affected communities in northern Jordan by enhancing the integration and participation of 560 Syrian refugees and 240 vulnerable Jordanians in agricultural livelihoods opportunities in Mafraq and Irbid Governorates. The project intends to provide increased income for 4,000 individuals and capacity-building to 8 cooperatives in close collaboration with the International Labour Organisation, who will play an advisory role in the implementation of Training for Rural Economic Empowerment-TREE and My.COOP training packages.
Among other activities, ACTED will select the 8 cooperatives from the ILO network on the basis of their experience, profitability, ability to provide work permits to Syrian refugees, and other additional criteria. After conducting initial capacity assessments, ACTED will develop capacity-building plans through the My.COOP training package, adapted to the Jordanian context through relevant case studies, market information, regulations, and including the basics of cooperatives, cooperative service provision, input supply, and cooperative marketing, in coordination with ILO and a My.COOP trainer for all 8 cooperatives. These cooperatives will receive five days of My.COOP training to strengthen management and enable them to assist in conducting in-depth participatory value chain analyses, with the overall goal of developing appropriate business plans to sustainably engage vulnerable Syrian refugees and Jordanians in independent microbusinesses.
As mentioned above, a 5-days training based on My.COOP package adapted to the Jordanian context will be conducted at the attention of 8 cooperatives in the North of Jordan. In this optic, the selected consultant shall be a Climate Smart Agriculture specialist, in charge of ensuring that My.COOP package has a climate-smart agriculture component, applicable within the Jordanian context. This shall be done in collaboration with the cooperative/business specialist consultant, ACTED, ILO, and any other relevant stakeholder.
Specifically, this includes but is not limited to:
– Provide the technical expertise that will allow ACTED and its consultants to include a climate-smart component to the training base on My-COOP training package.
– Provide the technical expertise to 1) support the implementation of the training based on the above training package; and 2) to analyse the effectiveness of the adapted training package in terms of climate smart agriculture standards; in collaboration with the other consultants and stakeholders involved.
1. Provide technical expertise which will allow ACTED and its consultants to include a climate-smart agriculture component in the training on My.COOP training package
2. Support in and monitor the implementation of the field test training to the 8 cooperatives of the adapted package.
3. Support ACTED in the other areas of intervention related to this project and to his/her areas of expertise.
1. A first draft of the training package’s modifications to be made, with regards to the training tools based on the My.COOP training package, to ensure a proper adaptation to the specific exercise reflecting national and local reality of agricultural cooperatives; and, in particular, ensuring that CSA standards related to Jordanian national context are integrated in the package. Indicative timeline: 6 man-days; Due: 15th December 2017.
2. A final compilation of elements to include in the final training package, based on the feedback gathered throughout the training (attendees’ and trainer’s) so as to finalise the field test stage. The feedbacks shall be gathered in a separate report so as to indicate the rationale of the modification of the training package. Indicative Timeline: 2 man-days. Due: 31st January 2018.
3. A written report including the review and technical advice in the development of capacity-building plans of the cooperatives, which shall include appropriate attendance to the training; and with regards to the areas and the types of agricultural business in which the cooperatives can develop appropriate business plans. Support to ACTED for the creation of the tool for selection business plans. Indicative timeline: 3 man-days; Due: 15th February 2018.
4. Participation in multistakeholder workshops for the provision of technical advice.
The consultancy is estimated to last between 11 to 15 days. The cost of the consultancy services shall be linked to the production of the above identified deliverables.
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Consultancy services – Climate-Smart Agriculture – ACTED بكل سهولة الان مجانا.