On behalf of a global FMCG organisation we are seeking a Consultant, Accounting (Tax) to be based in their Riyadh head office. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting
Value Added Tax
• Review the VAT compliance requirements regularly and set-up the process within the company to ensure the compliance
• Timely preparation of VAT reconciliations, VAT reports, VAT returns for the review and finalization.
• Timely filing and payment of VAT
• Liaise with concerned departments to follow-up and collect the VAT invoices in timely manner and maintain the records.
• Archiving and Safe-keeping of VAT invoices.
• Review the WHT compliance requirements regularly and set-up the process within the company to ensure the compliance
• Timely preparation (monthly & yearly) of WHT reports and returns for the review and finalization.
• Timely filing and payment of WHT
Zakat & Income Tax
• Annual preparation of Zakat & Income Tax reports and returns for the filing and payment of annual Zakat & Income Tax.
• Maintain controls by adhering to the accounting department’s policies and procedures and ensure Tax practices are in compliance with the Kingdom financial reporting statutes, standards and financial reporting best practices
• Review and monitor custom duties and excise duties in line with the law and regulations
• Reconcile accounts, post journal entries, and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position related to the Tax.
• Monitor and resolve issues relating to approvals, record discrepancies (if any), billing discrepancies and incorrect information on the accounts related to taxation
• Researching, analysing and interpreting changes in tax legislation in both inside the kingdom and internationally.
• Compile, verify, and analyse financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions. These reports may include monthly VAT liabilities, WHT returns, VAT returns, regulatory reports and filings
• Communicate and report status of pending critical payments to ensure management's awareness of delays affecting the company’s operations and incurred financial liabilities.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors including Tax auditors in providing necessary information for the auditing purposes.
Learning and Development
• Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovation in relevant field of expertise.
• Further develop expertise through off the job training activities and involvement in more complex tasks and projects.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants; Retail/Wholesale|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||Hong Kong; India; Sri Lanka; Malaysia|