Consultant of Occupational and Environmental Medicine – Ministry of Public Health
Heading / supervising the System Governance Team of the Occupational Health (OH) Section of the Health Promotion and Non-communicable Diseases Division of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), the OH Policy Analyst will provide guidance and support to all Occupational Health (OH) Section staff in all aspects of policy development and for the strategic and operational planning of the Section’s projects and activities.
S/He will lead the processes related to the definition of OH related policies and strategies, the development of annual work plans, and the evaluation of progress with the implementation of these work plans. Depending on the availability and work-load of the Section head / national coordinator and internal arrangements, the OH Policy Analyst may also represent the OH Section of the MoPH at National level stakeholder meetings.
Nature and Scope of Position:
1. Manage the process of defining policies and strategies for the MoPH OH Section; assure integration with ongoing MoPH programmes (NHS) as well as national OH policies and programmes;
2. Guide the development of annual operational plans for OH related projects and activities including timelines and resources (budget) needed to achieve the strategic goals;
3. Define type, periodicity, target group, and service providers for regular clinical examinations and supervise/support implementation (quality, compliance with standards) of:
− Pre-employment/Pre-assignment exams
− Periodic and Exit exams / Sick leave / disability assessment
4. Review and update the list of work related diseases and injuries and monitor case notification as well as follow-up activities if and as required;
5. Coordinate identification / definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and monitor and evaluate achievements; suggest corrective action when performance falls below target;
6. Support human resources management processes of all section staff (recruitment, coaching, continuing professional development, career planning, etc.) to assure availability of a high-performance team;
7. Assure effective communication and coordination of activities within OH team and between OH section and other MoPH sections, divisions, programmes, and departments and other (external) national and international stakeholders, particularly with the National Committee on Occupational Health and Safety (NCOHS);
8. Liaise with representatives of international organisations such as WHO and ILO to introduce modern approaches according to international standards;
9. Oversee / coordinate participation in relevant OH related (operational) research activities;
10. Support development and implementation of OH related regulatory framework.
11. Manage the development of policies and strategies; draft annual (general) and specific (project related) work-plans as required;
12. Monitor compliance with / adherence to relevant policies, approved work-plans, KPIs and contractual agreements for specific areas of responsibility;
13. Develop and maintain regular contact with internal and external stakeholders;
14. Participate in relevant internal and external meetings / working groups / projects, and initiatives to provide project related information as well as technical advice and expertise;
15. Serve as key messenger on all public relations issues relative to OH Section;
16. Liaise with business community, working with management and medical staff to shape efficient integrated solutions for the implementation of a “healthy workplace” policy.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and applying of Vision, Mission and Values of the Ministry of Public Health
2. Demonstrates extraordinary customer service by fulfilling all customer requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality;
3. Complies with all the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the policies of the Ministry of Public Health and points out non-compliance by others;
4. Maintains regular attendance, punctuality, dedication to position with optimal utilization of the working hours.
5. Deals with non-negotiable integrity in all matters at the workplace and outside of work
6. Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both during or outside normal working hours and during official holidays, if required by the organization;
7. Accepts, within reasonable boundaries, working with males or females of divergent nationality within or outside the department;
8. Demonstrates respect for colleagues and works as a team player enabling the flow of communication, refrains from rumours, gossip and ill-will for colleagues;
9. Contribution in transferring experiences and knowledge serving work interest;
10. Participation and contribution in any activity / project which would contribute in improving SCH performance;
11. Accepting to deal and communicate, within the scope of work, with all departments and sections of the Ministry of Public Health and other third parties, taking into consideration the administrative hierarchy.
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Consultant of Occupational and Environmental Medicine – Ministry of Public Health بكل سهولة الان مجانا.