Contract Preparation and Management
• Manage the preparation of all contract and procurement documents; review the contract language to make sure all requirements are captured completely and in a legally compliant way.
• Check relevant management approvals for contracts preparation, attend initial preparation of draft agreements, amendments, addenda etc., incorporate necessary attachments – technical, commercial and financial inputs and update the documents in liaison with concerned departments.
Modifications of existing contracts
• Collect information from concerned divisions to determine requirements for modifications and lead preparation of amendments of agreements based on approved modifications.
• Assist user department in updating, monitoring and maintaining contract status reports and provide management with information related to contract i.e. status/ progress, contract expiration dates, etc.
• Gather information with respect to the status of on-going contracts and share with Procurement & Contracts Manager to issue the periodical status reports.
• Receive and safeguard original documents, bonds and performance guarantees from bidders/ contractors and pass to the appropriate custodian.
• Responsible for the Procurement & Contracts Archive at the asset.
• Continuously monitor the terms and conditions of the contracts to assess contractor performance, spot any non-conformities and provide inputs for the contractor evaluation.
• Highlight any non-conformity to the contracts team leader to ensure proper corrective actions can be taken.
• Implement the policies and procedures governing each tender to ensure a complete and fair process.
• Update databases with tender and/or qualified contractor information to ensure accuracy and effective tracking of tenders.
• Assist in handling any claims arising and attempt to resolve these with the contractor and the proponent department to avoid escalation.
Committees and Meetings
• Participate in the joint tender meetings to provide clarifications related to the tender or bidders.
• Arrange any pre-tender meetings as required with bidders and user departments so that they can present their questions and answer any queries
• Provide advice to the user department on matters related to the tender documents and overall process.
• Provide advice as required on different types of tendering scenarios, as well as contract risks.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
• Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
• Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
• Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet section requirements, policies and standards.
|Job Location:||Basra, Iraq|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|