To strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth knowledge of various system across the organization.
- Business Intelligence analyst, will establish and maintain constructive relationships with IS and Business functions to understand their current and future reporting requirements and to design, develop and maintain a robust business intelligence platform that can facilitate information gathering, processing, reporting and analysis. The role requires among others the following:
- Work closely with business partners and other stakeholders including distributors and marketing service partners to automate and streamline business processes around commercial information gathering, cleansing, analysis and reporting.
- Aggregate data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse and design, develop and maintain an enterprise-level solution for very large multidimensional databases.
- Develop a set of reports and dashboards to be available on mobile devices and desktops in line with defined scope agreed with different functions.
- Communicates with internal and external data / information providers to ensure consistency, standardization and timeliness of information provided for reporting and analysis purposes. Serves as a single contact point for data quality issues and resolution for all teams.
- On a regular basis analyses and review reporting scope, structure and content in terms of their usage and relevance to existing business needs and proactively suggest required changes and updates to ensure adequate support of business analysis and performance tracking.
- Cater to ad-hoc reporting requirements from the business on an ongoing basis.
Provide day-to-day professional support to end-users to ensure the highest possible level of user knowledge and efficient usage of the systems.
- Create/maintain systems/services documentations including project management documentations, training programs/materials, operating manuals etc.
- Adhere to relevant policies, procedures and standards to achieve quality and compliance of solution and services.
- Partner with key business users to understand their decision-making process, workflows, business and information needs to identify and address critical issues.
- Translate report requirements into analytics/reporting requirements to support business decision making.
- To lead the creation of a comprehensive Business Intelligence layer over the base systems i.e. Navision ERP and other value-adding customized / built-on systems, either through Qlikview or other tools like JET or SSRS, whichever applicable.
- To perform SSRS and JET REPORTS application support and maintenance.
- Manage and maintain Financial & Operational Reports of all Business Entities.
- Develop, document and maintain data to deliver effective business reports based in the business requirements.
- Provide required data to internal /external auditors as per requirement.
- Manage and develop business reports using various reporting tools based on the business requirements.
- Design and configure database servers, monitor and maintain databases health and security.
- Design backup processes for server and associated data to ensure it is retrievable in an emergency.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To have a working knowledge of Bateel systems, expertise in the business area as well as in current technology advances and IT capabilities.
- Helps to migrate databases into training and operational environments.
- Assists in extracting data from different systems applications.
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||FMCG; Manufacturing and Production; Hospitality/Tourism/Travel|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|