– Prepares country studies and bank analysis by collecting reliable information from various sources for management review and decision making process in relation to existing and proposed international relationships and soliciting business to enhance profitability mainly fees and commission.
– Contacts agents for an update on the market, latest developments, soliciting transactions, negotiating the pricing and closing the deals with the agents after discussing the same with the direct manager and the Head of IBD who approves the transaction.
– Spreads the financial statements of banks and financial institutions. Then assesses the financial situation based on the footnotes of the respective financial statements and the ratios and gives appropriate recommendation to the Management.
– To prepare the presentation memo to the Credit Committee “CC” and the Board Loan Committee “BLC”. The Credit Analyst presents the memo to the Credit Committee.
– In case of participating in a primary syndication, the Credit Analyst advises the outcome of the BLC decision to the borrower or the party selling/offering the transaction.
– Reviews various publications, newspapers and magazines for relevant information. Credit Analyst has to be updated on the latest developments taking place in the countries he/she is monitoring and the effects on the banking sector.
– Proper maintenance of credit files assigned to the regional area.
– Handles operational and administrative matters i.e. draw-downs, rollovers, interest payments, principal repayments and payment of fees.
– Prepares management reports and statistics as per IBD’s requirements.
– Liaises with other departments and divisions of CBK i.e. Loans, Treasury, Treasury Operations, Corporate Credit and Legal.
– Handles independently accounts assigned both with regard to maintaining existing relationships and developing new business. This is done via his/her direct Supervisor who will guide and coach the Credit Analyst in the steps to be taken.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|