The HALO Trust is the world’s largest humanitarian mine clearance organisation. We save lives and restore communities threatened by landmines and other explosive remnants of war, such as cluster bombs, rockets and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Established in Afghanistan in 1988, we now have over 8,000 staff in 23 countries and territories.
The HALO Trust’s program office in Jordan employs about a dozen international and Jordanian staff, and manages projects in Syria.
HALO Jordan is looking for a Data Management Assistant to work with the Programme’s Data and Information Manager, undertaking a variety of data collection, analysis, research and reporting tasks in relation to information provided by HALO’s field teams operating in Syria. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, team oriented person looking to begin a career in the humanitarian sector.
The successful candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English, and have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Translate, check and validate data provided by field teams operating in Syria.
- Ensure relevant data elements are collected and stored in a standardized way, compatible with Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Support programme office staff in the daily use of data systems.
- Assist with data extraction, manipulation and the production of reports.
- Prepare monthly reporting statistics.
- Arabic-English translation (written and verbal).
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Support Services|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|