Deputy Procurement Manager – IRC International Rescue committee
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Reporting to the senior Procurement manager, the deputy Procurement Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all procurement functions for IRC’s office in Amman for Syria program in Syria market. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good Procurement practices across all the Syrian field sites and will require regular to arrange and provide technical support to the procurement staff both Amman based and Syria remotely.
• Make sure to follow all in country and global IRC procurement policies, SOPs and procedures are implemented and followed.
• Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and Procurement records, based on a schedule agreed with the senior procurement manager and Supply Chain Coordinator.
• Ensure the performance of periodic checks to ensure that IRC Syria program is in compliance with IRC and donor standards, and to ensure responsive support to staff, programs, and partners.
• Identify management system weaknesses, establish priorities, provide recommendations for improved systems performance and ensure compliance
• Ensure that all program resources are used with the highest degree of stewardship
• Participation in Grant Opening meetings as relevant for area of operation
• Ensure that risk mitigation strategies are undertaken, aligned to IRC requirements leading preparation of required reports on risk disclosure, donor and local law.
• Promptly inform the senior procurement manager and Supply Chain Coordinator of any areas of concern of potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
• Ensure there is no negative audit observations/findings related to Procurement. If required corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
• Ensure that issues of compliance are standardized across all field sites.
• Responsible for creation and management of list for suppliers tracking and moved to Master Purchase Agreements ( MPA/MSA)
• Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) for frequently used and Contracted Suppliers.
• Manage Contracted Suppliers and other suppliers in terms of quality, delivery time, and value for money, etc.
• Make sure that regular market surveys in key procurement categories to be conducted in side Syria to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money.
• Maintain an efficient procurement system for the Syrian program. Propose alternative tools and implement internal controls and establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods. Ensure timely delivery of goods to programs.
• Lead procurement staffs for all procurements for Syrian program in Syrian market.
• Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
• Actively Participate in preparation of Procurement Plans for all grant and make sure to be followed.
• Follow- up with Finance department to ensure that all the procurement payments are paid in time.
Documentation and Reporting
• Follow up with relevant units, internal or external on documents and ensuring all procurement records are complete as per IRC policy and accessible.
• Monitor procurement records to ensure that each procurement request is fully and clearly documented according to IRC policy.
• Prepare monthly Purchase Request Tracking report and consolidate all Purchase Request Tracking from Country field office reports. Share report with Senior Procurement manager and other internal departments as required.
• Analyze Purchase Request Tracking in order to ensure that all procurement is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Prepare Finance-related reports such as Cash Projections.
||Purchasing and Procurement
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Deputy Procurement Manager – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.